I had completely forgotten about the Purser.....

jfv379

until I read the other Purser thread. We sailed on the Island Princess, FLL/LA 29 April. Because we had used one (1) FCC when we booked our cruise, this was before the change in FCC rules, I wanted to check at the Pursers Desk to make sure the $100.00pp OBC (15 Day mini suite) was in my account. When we arrived in the cabin I was surprised that there were OBC gift cards, from our T/A, for DW but none for me as there should have been.

I proceeded to the Purser's Desk and Andrea Isasmendi, the Asst Purser, printed out my statement and sure enough it was an incorrect amount, not with the Princess OBC but with the T/A's OBC. Andrea asked me if I could provide something in writing from my T/A with the correct OBC amount. I went back to our cabin to get my file and while there I called my T/A. He immediately accepted responsibility and said he would just issue me a check. He made one phone call while I was on hold and then advised me that Princess Special Services had accepted both of our OBC's from him.

I returned to Andrea, with paper work, thinking this was going to be a battle. Andrea made a copy of my paperwork, said she would file a query with corporate and that I should have an answer within a couple of days.

At 5PM that very afternoon Andrea left a phone message that the discrepancy had been rectified and my account credited with the proper amount of OBC.

Absolutely painless and kudo's to Andrea, and to Princess, for their prompt and efficient handling of the situation. A very pleasant experience.

Now that I have remembered, I have to find another way to acknowledge Andrea for her service, as I also forgot to fill out a comment card for her. Perhaps a letter to Andrew B.

I agree - a letter to the corporate office would be appropriate!

Glad to hear a positive story about the purser's desk! They have always been very helpful when I have dealt with them.

Glad that worked out. I've generally had very good experiences with the Pursar's Desk and have felt sorry for them at times when they're accosted by passengers with unreasonable demands. They have to put up with an awful lot of c***, and that's not unusual. :(

Archived