ferry from Kings wharf to St. George

beebee

Labour Day is a holiday here - on Sep 6th this year - which means that, in theory, the Dockyard / St George ferry will not be running.

However, it is possible that the Dept. of Marine and Ports will run something since there will be the NCL Spirit and the Enchantment of the Seas in at Dockyard - if I have time, I'll try and find out altho' they may not have decided yet.

I haven't heard anything back from Marine and Ports about the Labour Day ferry schedule, but it has occurred to me that there will be very little point going to St George's on a public holiday as everything will be shut - that applies to Hamilton also. There will probably be some shops open in Dockyard since ships are in.

I'd plan on the Monday as a beach day and go to St George's on the ferry on Tuesday.

The ferries Dockyard to St Georges run at 9.15, 10.00, 10.45, 11.30, 2.00, 3.00 and return at 10.00, 10.45, 11.30, 12.15, 3.00, 4.00.

• 1 month later...
I haven't heard anything back from Marine and Ports about the Labour Day ferry schedule, but it has occurred to me that there will be very little point going to St George's on a public holiday as everything will be shut - that applies to Hamilton also. There will probably be some shops open in Dockyard since ships are in.

I'd plan on the Monday as a beach day and go to St George's on the ferry on Tuesday.

The ferries Dockyard to St Georges run at 9.15, 10.00, 10.45, 11.30, 2.00, 3.00 and return at 10.00, 10.45, 11.30, 12.15, 3.00, 4.00.

If you hear back would you please post about the Ferry on Labor Day. I do hope the buses run on Labor Day???????

We were there on June 21, which was a public holiday on Bermuda, so we were also worried about the limited bus/ferry schedule. It turned out that with both NCL Spirit and RCL Explorer at Kings Wharf (and I believe HAL Veendam at Hamilton), they did run much more than the usual holiday/weekend schedule.

We took the ferry to St. George that morning (yes, many of the shops, etc., were closed, but we were there to go to Tobacco Bay, so it was not a problem for us), then the bus from St. George to Hamilton (again, most places closed up) and then from Hamilton to the south shore beaches. We were a little worried about catching a bus back to the Dockyard with SO many cruisers on the beaches, but late afternoon they had added several "SPECIAL" buses to that route to make sure everyone got where they needed to go.

We fell in LOVE with Bermuda!

Sue

We were there on June 21, which was a public holiday on Bermuda, so we were also worried about the limited bus/ferry schedule. It turned out that with both NCL Spirit and RCL Explorer at Kings Wharf (and I believe HAL Veendam at Hamilton), they did run much more than the usual holiday/weekend schedule.

We took the ferry to St. George that morning (yes, many of the shops, etc., were closed, but we were there to go to Tobacco Bay, so it was not a problem for us), then the bus from St. George to Hamilton (again, most places closed up) and then from Hamilton to the south shore beaches. We were a little worried about catching a bus back to the Dockyard with SO many cruisers on the beaches, but late afternoon they had added several "SPECIAL" buses to that route to make sure everyone got where they needed to go.

We fell in LOVE with Bermuda!

Sue

Sue thank you so much for this post. It really makes me feel better now to think there is a chance to get around and see the place. I really do not care if much is opened since this will be our first trip and we just want to see it.

Sue thank you so much for this post. It really makes me feel better now to think there is a chance to get around and see the place. I really do not care if much is opened since this will be our first trip and we just want to see it.

This describes us perfectly as well. We are not big shoppers, so we just wanted to see the island and swim and snorkel. We had a lovely conversation with a native Bermudian on the bus from St. George to Hamilton, while enjoying the beautiful scenery. And the ferry trip is lovely as well.

Take a look through my pics or the slideshow video (linked in my signature), and you will see why we fell in love!

Sue

This describes us perfectly as well. We are not big shoppers, so we just wanted to see the island and swim and snorkel. We had a lovely conversation with a native Bermudian on the bus from St. George to Hamilton, while enjoying the beautiful scenery. And the ferry trip is lovely as well.

Take a look through my pics or the slideshow video (linked in my signature), and you will see why we fell in love!

Sue

That slideshow is wonderful. It just makes me want to go NOW!!! Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Archived