Car hire in corfu

disneyfans4

Has anyone rented a car recently from corfu port, if so how much was it? were they reliable? Having never hired a car at a port before i am a bit worried that i might pay for something that doesnt then turn up.

Also if in anybody has been to a beach in mykonos can you get there by walking/taking local transport or do you again need to hire a car.

many thanks.

Has anyone rented a car recently from corfu port, if so how much was it? were they reliable? Having never hired a car at a port before i am a bit worried that i might pay for something that doesnt then turn up.

Also if in anybody has been to a beach in mykonos can you get there by walking/taking local transport or do you again need to hire a car.

many thanks.

http://www.corfuplus.gr/seasonhigh.html renting @40 Euro CDW and VAT included stick shift

http://www.greeka.com/cyclades/mykonos/mykonos-beaches.htm we are going to the family oriented one 1 km from the new pier in the afternoon after touring the ciy in the morning

We rented one last September. Did not reserve in advance. Walked off ship and there was a rental agency right there. Rented an automatic because I can't drive a stick. Cost was 80E for the day.

Driving in Corfu wasn't too bad. We really enjoyed Glifada beach. The hardest part was finding our way back to the cruise terminal on our return. Got a little turned around, but made it back w/ plenty of time to spare.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone rented a scooter in Corfu? Have a car reserved but these look fun. Just wondering if it would be safe as in there will be loads of others driving them or the cars way out number the scooters?

I understand the safety issues in driving one.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Update to anyone needing it. No need to reserve a car ahead of time. Yes, agency right across the street. Also, many cars in the parking lot for rent. Im not warm towards Sunshine renal. email with questions.

If your only planning on going into Old Corfu or Corfu town take the shuttle. There are buses towards the back of the parking lot. 1.20 euro each. Or you can walk since you can see the town from your ship.

We did some shopping in Old Corfu and were back on the ship within a couple hrs. Unless you have plans inland this could be a relaxing easy day. [we didnt go inland so cant comment] Town smelled like urine everywhere and hubby went to the beach but skipped it once he saw it. He NEVER skips a beach if that tells you anything.

We rented without a reservation for about 40 Euros. The key to getting a good price is to rent a small car with manual transmission (stick shift). Like many places in Europe, automatics are in short supply and cost a lot more then a stick.

Hank

We had actually pre-rented a car for 90 euros...but found the cars offered at the port quite aibt less. We told the car rental agency that we had rented from of this...and they immediantly matched the price at the peir. Think it was 70 euro's (larger car for 4)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for anyone still interested in hiring a car in corfu, we have just returned from our 14 day med cruise and hired our car from sunrise car rental.

the guy from the agency was there at the place stated with a board with our name on. after completing the paper work which took all of 5 minutes we were on our way and had a very enjoyable day exploring on our own. it was a small car, manual shift and cost 55 euros. they gave us a very good map of the island and we spent 6 euros in gas.

excellent service and would not hesitate to recommend to anybody.

We had exactly the same experience as Disneyfans with Corfu Sunrise. My only caution is that the roads are very twisty and turning in Corfu and neither of our girls felt well in the back seat. The curviness was much more severe than I would have expected. We ended up cutting our driving tour short and spending the late morning, lunch, and early afternoon at a beach in Paleo. It was gorgeous, but just different from what I had planned.

anyone rented a scooter in Corfu? Have a car reserved but these look fun. Just wondering if it would be safe as in there will be loads of others driving them or the cars way out number the scooters?

I understand the safety issues in driving one.

Thanks

We just came back from an NCL Med tour. I would NOT ride a scooter in Greece if someone gave it to me. The roads are narrow and the people drive more aggressively.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived