NCL Star new A2 layout

fightpiter

On the NCL website click ships choose the Star then click on staterooms. Go down to the Deluxe Owners Suite and it has photos and highlights it also has floor plans. This particular floor plan show a living area and a bedroom. When I was looking at booking one last week my PCC told me only two have the bedroom and two have the bed and the sofa in the same room. She told me that 12002 does not have the bedroom and 12502 does and I am not sure about the middle two. In the couple of hours that I was trying to find this information out the three remaining A2's for our cruise were booked. :( So we missed out on getting one for Alaska and we decided we really couldn't do without a balcony for Mexico.

Just wondering if anyone has the layout of the new rooms on deck 12? I have seen the pics but not a room layout.

Thanks

Yes... they just came out a couple days ago. They look very appealing for a family, but not great for multiple couples sharing the suite (which, no doubt, is why they're billed as family suites). For our family (four kids), it's the best deal on the ship.

familysuite.jpg

floorplan.jpg

Hi jdpudge, we have an AJ on the same sailing for two couples, us, DD & SIL. You can see from the floorplan the 3 sleeping areas. The Queen bed, the sofa sleeper (Double or Queen) and a Murphy bed (lower left hand corner that stores in the wall & lowers down) which is probably a Queen.

We will probably use the Big Murphy bed and the regular bed and leave the sofa closed since there are 4 of us. Does the 2+2+2 work for you?

I like the configuration, the view with the huge expanse of windows and looks like there is plenty of room to navigate in:D.

Ruth & Bill

• 5 months later...

we had been onthe star oct25/10, had a penthouse on deck 10 , thought I would have a look on deck 12 before disembarking, the family suites are very nice bright and roomy , the front ones are bigger , the port and starboard somewhat smaller , all have floor to ceiling windows, bathrooms are huge sep. shower and bathtub double sinks, partial divider between bed and murphy bed, we booked one for next summer alaska , tried to change to one of the front ones but all had been booked,

we had been onthe star oct25/10, had a penthouse on deck 10 , thought I would have a look on deck 12 before disembarking, the family suites are very nice bright and roomy , the front ones are bigger , the port and starboard somewhat smaller , all have floor to ceiling windows, bathrooms are huge sep. shower and bathtub double sinks, partial divider between bed and murphy bed, we booked one for next summer alaska , tried to change to one of the front ones but all had been booked,

What did you mean by the front ones? Are you referring to the 4 DOS that are directly in the front of the ship, or the family suites (AJ cat) nearer the front along the side of the ship? We are currently booked in an AJ Cat. near the front, but I am eyeing one of those Deluxe Owner Suites - but it's more than I can afford to spend. Could you take a look at the deck plan and specify which rooms you looked at that looked bigger? Hope you read this and respond. Thanks.

The floorplan shown on NCL's site doesn't acurately reflect the new A2 suites. The two outside suites are one bedroom/one bathroom. You enter into the living area with the dining area on the far corner where you have a wrap-around window which provides you an aft view. The living/dining area is a long rectangular room. The bedroom and bath are centered on the interior wall. The one downside to this cabin is there isn't a connecting door to the bathroom.

The two center A2 cabins are two bedroom/two baths. The living/dining room are considerably smaller than the two outside A2s; however, we found this layout ideal as it affordable everyone their own space and privacy.

In all four suites the master bedroom is forward in the cabin and have a fantastic floor to ceiling view.

• 2 weeks later...

can you please clarify. On side cabin 12002, does the bedroom have a door separating it from the living area. Then the sofa bed is in the main living area. Or, is it more like a loft with bedroom not closed off from the living area? We want 2 separate areas and were not made aware of this when we booked. Thanks!

Yes, the bedroom has a door and is private from the main living area providing you privacy. The only downside (in my opinion) is to get to the bathroom you have to leave the bedroom and go through the living room.

Threadstop, supposedly A2 still have reserved seating in the showroom; however, on the one occasion I requested I was told "there was no need".

I've also seen one other posting where individuals weren't given reserved seating (later on they posted they reserved area was given to a VIP staying the the Garden Suite). In retrospect I believe the fault was mine as I asked at reception vice contacting our concierge. (Our concierge was wonderful in getting us dinner/embark reservations/priority!) As the theater had an abudance of seating the evening in question it wasn't an issue, and we never asked again.

Singinglizzie, I'm one of the most "computer challenged" individuals you'll ever come in contact with. I've been trying to post photos from 12000, but so far I'm getting an error message. I'll keep working on posting. You might want to search the board for a posting from Snowmom (around late August/early Sept) as she posted photos of 12000.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Girr, do the new A2 suites get reserved seating in the showroom? I know that owners suites did before the renovations, but with the 4 new suites I'm wondering if they have changed this perk. Thanks.

Of all my research (after the fact, when I booked the room !! :eek:) Yes, it has all the perks including three 1 litre bottles of liquor and limitless (in room) sodas and bottle water. Someone posted pictures of all 4 suites at one time or another here. I'll look to see what I can find for you. I like the view from the outboard suites IMHO. From the dining area you can look forward and Aft of the ship.:cool: We'll be in 12002 in May '11. Good luck on your decision !!!

Threadstop, supposedly A2 still have reserved seating in the showroom; however, on the one occasion I requested I was told "there was no need".

I've also seen one other posting where individuals weren't given reserved seating (later on they posted they reserved area was given to a VIP staying the the Garden Suite). In retrospect I believe the fault was mine as I asked at reception vice contacting our concierge. (Our concierge was wonderful in getting us dinner/embark reservations/priority!) As the theater had an abudance of seating the evening in question it wasn't an issue, and we never asked again.

Singinglizzie, I'm one of the most "computer challenged" individuals you'll ever come in contact with. I've been trying to post photos from 12000, but so far I'm getting an error message. I'll keep working on posting. You might want to search the board for a posting from Snowmom (around late August/early Sept) as she posted photos of 12000.

Yes, I've seen the picts from Snowman - some of them (living room) are a bit dark, so was hoping someone else would post. I find that different people take pictures of different things, so it would give me a better feel for the room. Still hoping others post more pictures! Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I've seen the picts from Snowman - some of them (living room) are a bit dark, so was hoping someone else would post. I find that different people take pictures of different things, so it would give me a better feel for the room. Still hoping others post more pictures! Thanks.

Go to my Flickr photostream (listed at the bottom of my sig line). There are quite a few pictures of the SJ/AJ suite. The layouts are not horrendously different, but the A2's are a bit larger than ours was.

Here are my photo's of A2_12000 from our cruise in September.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579322286zZFyoG

If you have any specific questions please ask...

Barbara

Thank you so much for posting! I can now see the living room and was hoping it would have more windows, like the windows in the 2 "corner" suites. Did you like your suite - did it feel big and did you find that you had a good view from the living room? Thanks!

Without a doubt the views from the living areas of the two corner suites are far superior to the living/dining areas of the two center DOS suites. However, to get the two bedrooms and two bathrooms we were willing to trade off some windows. As to size I believe the square footage is larger in the two center DOS suites than the two outside - it's just the living/dining room is so large on the outside DOS it's hard to tell.

Due to the smaller windows in the living area we moved one of the chairs from the living area into the master bedroom, and it wasn't uncommon to find the entire family gathering in the bedroom to take in the scenery. The other club chair we "permanently parked" in one of the window bays in the living room. We were in this cabin for the Alaska cruise and the scenery we saw outside these windows were fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first time on this site, so hopefully I am doing it correctly. We will be going on our very first cruise in March. We are doing the 7 day Mexican Riviera on NCL Star. We have booked the family suite, category AJ and was wondering if we get any perks and what they are?

Thanks!

Hi, this is my first time on this site, so hopefully I am doing it correctly. We will be going on our very first cruise in March. We are doing the 7 day Mexican Riviera on NCL Star. We have booked the family suite, category AJ and was wondering if we get any perks and what they are?

Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274596&highlight=aj+suites

The above link will take you to a post about that room category and some pictures.

Archived