Trevi Fountain to St Peters Square?

Britiscruizin

We will be doing a ship tour that leaves us 3 hours in Rome to do our own thing. How easy is it to get from Trevi Fountain to St Peters Square?? Are there mini tours or taxis we can get? Is it "walkable"? Any ideas & help would be appreciated . Thanks:confused:

It's easily walkable, should take around 10 mins, just take a look on Google maps at Rome and look up directions between Trevi Fountain and St Peter's basilica

It's an easy walk if you have the time and the energy. In total, it's about a mile and a half on foot, about half of that distance on pedestrian-only roads.

There are signs you can follow from Trevi to the Pantheon, and from there to Piazza Navona. At Piazza Navona, go north one block to Via dei Coronari, and follow it to the pedestrian bridge across the river to Castel Sant'Angelo. From there, it's a straight shot up Via della Conciliazione.

Alternately, if you don't want to walk, you could jump on the #62 bus on Via del Corso (a couple of blocks west of the fountain), which would bring you right to St. Peter's square.

Or, you could walk part way, as far as the Pantheon, and then walk a couple of blocks south to Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and pick up the #62 bus there.

Or you could just grab a taxi. I think there's a stand on one of the streets just west of the fountain. I would expect to pay about ten euro for this trip.

Edited to add: I think the previous poster seriously underestimates the time it takes to walk a mile and a half.

Edited to add: I think the previous poster seriously underestimates the time it takes to walk a mile and a half.

I'm fit ;)

I also looked it up on Google maps and it said 11 mins, but I bow to your better judgement as you clearly have much more knowledge of Rome than I do and have provided excellent detailed instructions.

I think we're both agreed that it's walkable though

It's easily walkable, should take around 10 mins, just take a look on Google maps at Rome and look up directions between Trevi Fountain and St Peter's basilica

Couldn't believe 10 mins, so checked it out on Googlemaps.

As Euro-cruiser's answer, it's 1.5 miles.

11+ mins by car

30 mins on foot

A couple of minutes longer, plus stopping time, with a small but worthwhile diversion via the Pantheon & Piazza Navone. From the Trevi to Piazza Navone is only around 1/2 mile, then a mile to St Peter's - you might consider bus (no idea which one) or taxi from Piazza Navone to save legs and time.

John Bull

I'm fit ;)

I think we're both agreed that it's walkable though

That's great, because you see so much more this way. I actually learned Rome on foot - my first visit to Rome was for a month by myself. I didn't speak any Italian at the time and I was too scared to get on a bus when I wasn't sure where it was going, so I spent the entire month on my feet.

By bus or taxi you miss the wonderful bridge of angels (Ponte Sant'Angelo).

Couldn't believe 10 mins, so checked it out on Googlemaps.

As Euro-cruiser's answer, it's 1.5 miles.

11+ mins by car

Oops, my mistake :o I read 11 mins and didn't think of by car as we walked everywhere on our visit to Rome - although we had the luxury of 4 days/3 nights to do it. I have to agree with Eurocruiser that you'll miss so much if you don't walk.

If you like walking it is a very nice walk. You could also consider jumping on one the public 'Electico' buses. These are small busses that go through the old parts of Rome and can navigate the narrow streets and tight turns. Make sure you get on one that is going to the Vatican, not in the direction of Borghese (sp).

Archived