Good day for price drops

cjt3

I submitted an Early Saver price reduction yesterday afternoon, and heard back just now that the $30pp credit was approved. I went out to the Carnival website to confirm that the OBC was on my account, and while I was there I saw that the price had gone down another $30pp. I still have 17 days to go, so at this rate I may come out ahead on my S&S card!

Yup, we got a $20pp reduction last night, still showing today. This is on top of the $20pp we got last week. And we still have until November!

There are no 4As and the 4Bs are sitting at $409pp. I don't imagine the lowest price will go below that, so now I just have to hope the higher categories drop too. (Only problem, on Empress where we're all booked in a row of forward interiors with friends, we'd have to look at suite prices unless we want to exile ourselves to an aft balcony.)

By the way, this is for the 7 day Conquest out of Galveston on 11/14. Anyone want to join us? And yes, I do post on the roll call every time :)

I really do think that people should only post these in their Roll Call threads since what people are posting only pertains to THEIR sailing. Not the thousands of other CC people.

We really don't need a new thread every single time someone gets a few dollars drop on their price?

I like hearing when people get price drops...it reminds me to check if our price has gone down or not...not to mention that it makes me happy for them.

Remember...Don't worry be Happy!!! :)

I booked at $419pp for a PT room for next Aprils cruise, last I checked it was at $539, goes up and up and up. I was thrilled with the $419 price for this itinerary (HMC, SJPR, St. Thomas, Grand Turk) so I am okay with no OBC< I am glad I booked as early as I did though

While I agree that price drops are specific to certain sailings (as well as other factors) and should be posted in the roll call I also think putting them on the main Carnival threads is great as it reminds folks to check their ES rates. Also not everyone participates on the roll calls.

I post messages like this to my roll call, so the folks reading them will see .. I hope you too?

Yes, I posted the first price drop on my roll call.

I really do think that people should only post these in their Roll Call threads since what people are posting only pertains to THEIR sailing. Not the thousands of other CC people.

We really don't need a new thread every single time someone gets a few dollars drop on their price?

I decided to post on the main board just because I was excited about getting drops on back to back days. I don't post often, mainly because I see that when people do post they can usually expect someone to complain about why their post was unnecessary. But hey, I'm up $240 in OBC today so I'll add another unnecessary post. ;)

I like seeing the thread on the main board as well. Last year we had a terrible TA who wouldn't sumit our form for OBC. The "hey my price dropped" threads helped me learn what to do to avoid that situation for future cruises.

We booked last February for a November sail. So far we've had three drops for a total of $80pp. Don't see it going any lower but I'm thrilled with our price.

Yes, I posted the first price drop on my roll call.

;)

Good deal. Someone else on my roll call looked and found a Kansas rate today they said because of my post there ... so congrats that you got $240 OBC... and keep on posting it also to your roll call and helping people

We booked our cabin at $769.00; last week it dropped to $749.00 - submitted the form and got $40.00 taken off of the final payment due ($20.00 pp); checked last night and it dropped an additional $20.00 - waiting to hear back on the approval as soon as they approve it then it will be an additional $40.00 off....WHO HOOOO bring it on. I'm loving it. :p

Love as well hearing that cruise critic members are saving on their cruises.

Congrads to all that have saved MONEY:)

I just hope that mine will go down before November sailing.

I read somewhere on carnival website or here at cruise critic that Carnival post price update 4 times a day. Wish I could check 4 times a day, but can only check before and after work.

Does anyone know at what times Carnvial post price updates.

Thanks,

Marcy

Good for you! I don't mind the "price drop" threads at all - you get to share your excitement and I get a reminder to check!

I hadn't been on the boards for awhile and stumbled across the "how obsessed are you about checking" thread and realized I hadn't checked lately. Jumped online, prices had dropped, filled out my form and got $100!

Yay!!

I got two price drops within the last week for a total of $60 less, woohoo! :) (Yeah, not a lot of money off my cruise price, but it covers the cost of the two blood tests my service dog needs for the cruise plus an extra $10 to put towards the other hundreds of dollars in vet fees for the cruise [costs of the blood draws for said tests, costs just to see the darn vet on top of the charges for whatever they do that visit, cost of the health certificate, etc.]. Here's hoping for some more price dropping prior to final payment!!)

I've booked early saver my last few cruises and never got a price drop. I'm learning that early saver seems to work better with the lower priced cabins, which of course makes sense. I still check frequently though, and since I book so far ahead at a good price anyway, I almost feel like I'm getting cash back as I see the price of my cruise go up and up. DH is tired of me telling him how much we are saving every time the price increases! :) I'm a big fan of early saver with or without the obc.

Archived