equinox aft -- CC class/oversized balconies?

amagar

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't get the search thread function to work, so apologies.

Could someone tell me if Concierge Class cabins aft have supersized balconies like older Celebrity ships?

The two available on our sailing are at either far end of aft, abuting suites. My guess is that there may be a lack of privacy and that's why they're available. I hope not. Does anyone know.

Finally, is it worth an xtra $350 pperson compared to a standard Concierge Class?

Thank you for your help.

I haven't cruised on one yet, but I'm positive there were some postings that the aft on the S class are nowhere near as big as on Millennium and her sisters. I'm sure someone much more knowledgable than me will come along and help you.

The afts on S-Class are nothing special. The balconies are not significantly larger and sometimes there is some problems with soot from the smokestack. The balconies on the angled portion of the hump are the one's on S-Class ships that have oversized balconies (some are nearly double normal size, some nearly triple).

The aft cabin balconies are no deeper than those on the side. Here is a picture with cabin numbers. Note that there is one vertical set of C1 cabins that is noticeably wider than the others (2152/1674/1206/9382). Having been in 1204 and seeing that 1200 is about the same, I can say that it felt small. We would not sail on the M-class in anything but an aft cabin and would not sail in any aft cabin on the S-class. Gonzo70 is right about the angled cabins. We were in 2105 on the Equinox and the balcony was huge (for the S-class). Not as good as the aft M-class, but still very good. Also, the aft balconies on S-class ships have no cover except on the resort deck. I wouldn't take one if it was $350 less per person.

SolsticeAftCabins-vi.jpg

There is one tip on the S Class aft balconies that I know of: the cabins in the stack that contains 6312 and directly above all have a slightly wider balcony ( about 3 feet or so) than do the other aft cabins. This is because of the location of a storage closet.

Note that the cabin internally is no wider than any other cabin on the ship, only the balcony is wider. The depth of all of the aft balconies is the same.

We were in 6312 this Spring and noticed no soot problem with the balcony.

Hope that's useful.

Also, the aft balconies on S-class ships have no cover except on the resort deck. I wouldn't take one if it was $350 less per person.

Thanks. Makes me feel much better about the aft Sky Suite and Concierge Cabin I recently booked.:rolleyes:

There is one tip on the S Class aft balconies that I know of: the cabins in the stack that contains 6312 and directly above all have a slightly wider balcony ( about 3 feet or so) than do the other aft cabins. This is because of the location of a storage closet.

We were in 6312 this Spring and noticed no soot problem with the balcony.

greeneg, would you book this cabin again? I have the opportunity to book the one with the larger balcony on deck 7 and am torn between that and a hump cabin. I do love the aft but so many people have negative comments about them on the Solstice.

I thought that there were two issues with the cabin, 1) it is a fair walk to the central stair/elevator stack-- this isn't necessarily a bad thing as it isn't that far and there is something to be said for the additional exercise. 2) I truly, actively, dislike the "couch/sofa" in the cabin. I would/will dislike it in all cabins, it takes up too much room, is uncomfortable and not good for much of anything except a catch-all.

On the other hand, the cabin was quiet, we had no soot issues, and the view was nice, so yes, I would book this cabin again.

Please excuse the " Couch Rant"; I am starting a new category, instead of Couch Potatoes, we will be Couch Ranters.......:)

Thanks. Makes me feel much better about the aft Sky Suite and Concierge Cabin I recently booked.:rolleyes:

Well, that is my opinion, but we have friends who are booked in their third aft cabin on an S-Class ship so it is obvious that, just like everything else, different people like different things. Choice is good.

Well, that is my opinion, but we have friends who are booked in their third aft cabin on an S-Class ship so it is obvious that, just like everything else, different people like different things. Choice is good.

I agree....it's all subjective. That you wouldn't take one of those cabins for $350 less, well... disappoints me to hear that you feel they're that undesireable, as we're pretty much 'stuck' with these connecting cabins now.

That's what I get for booking late; who knows tho, we might love 'em.

OK, maybe I was a tad strong in that comment. But we would definitely not take a side CC on the M-class for $350 less. For us, it's the size of the balcony and the view. Unfortunately, the aft balconies on the S-class are nothing special so half the reason we book them is gone and the lack of cover can be an issue on hot itineraries. But the view is still outstanding and there is less noise as nobody wanders back there by accident. Check this picture out to see if your cabins at least have slightly wider balconies. And the Sky Suites on the S-class are outstanding cabins. And since your cabins connect, you can open the divider between the cabins and have a larger one that way.

SolsticeAftCabins-vi.jpg

We were in 1206 in April. It is a little wider than other C1'a on both sides.

I know they are not as big as the ones on the M-class ships, but you still get the great view of the wake!!

There was no soot problem.

And yes there are no stairs close by....but I needed the walk!

OK, maybe I was a tad strong in that comment. But we would definitely not take a side CC on the M-class for $350 less. For us, it's the size of the balcony and the view. Unfortunately, the aft balconies on the S-class are nothing special so half the reason we book them is gone and the lack of cover can be an issue on hot itineraries. But the view is still outstanding and there is less noise as nobody wanders back there by accident. Check this picture out to see if your cabins at least have slightly wider balconies. And the Sky Suites on the S-class are outstanding cabins. And since your cabins connect, you can open the divider between the cabins and have a larger one that way.

SolsticeAftCabins-vi.jpg

We've got 9299 and 9301 (on the corner, just below that window-washing wheel). From what I can see...looks like the balcony for 9301 is one of the smallest aft balconies. Once the divider is removed between the 2, it will be somewhat better. But if I could get a connecting option on the port/starboard side while retaining the same category cabins...I'd even pay more to upgrade....I would.

But alas, they're sold out.

We certainly don't mind the walk/distance from stairs, but I've just found out there are a couple of good size 'support poles' in our Sky Suite as well.

On the plus side....yes, it will definitely be quiet.:D

We certainly don't mind the walk/distance from stairs, but I've just found out there are a couple of good size 'support poles' in our Sky Suite as well......:D

Maybe you can also use them for dancing? :eek: It could be a truly memorable cruise. :D

Here are a couple of pictures I took from the aft Oceanview Bar which shows how little privacy the aft verandas have. Also, there were a few cabins that had the dividers open so you can see how much better your space is that way.

Garry

2j5m15g.jpg

ta5uol.jpg

My recollection is that all of the CC-1's on the M class have the larger balconies, while the CC-2's and 3's have the smaller balconies. Addtionally, on the M class, the sweet sixteens have larger balconies, but smaller cabins.

That's mostly correct. Celebrity finally caught on to the popularity of the aft cabins and that some people (us included) would pay extra for them. There are also 4 CC-1 cabins on the Penthouse deck (6135/6136 and 6143/6144) that are nicer than other CC cabins. I think they may be slightly larger and they have teak decking on the balconies. They may be larger than others, but not nearly the size of those on the aft.

That's mostly correct. Celebrity finally caught on to the popularity of the aft cabins and that some people (us included) would pay extra for them. There are also 4 CC-1 cabins on the Penthouse deck (6135/6136 and 6143/6144) that are nicer than other CC cabins. I think they may be slightly larger and they have teak decking on the balconies. They may be larger than others, but not nearly the size of those on the aft.

You are essentially correct. We have 6144 in December; and the cabin is one foot wider; and, the balcony is just as big as those on the aft. 6135 and 6136 have the same size cabins as the aft cabins ; and, the balconies are larger, but not as large as the aft CC-1's.

Thanks for that info. I've never been in one of those 4 but thought I had read that the cabins were a little larger. But I really don't think the balconies are as deep as those on the aft. Those things are 15-20 feet. I thought the ones on the side were limited to about 6 feet. Live and learn!

Archived