Pre-cruise FLL Hotel suggestion for July

skg8

Do you have any hotel suggestions for a pre-cruise hotel in July? Husband and I are about to go on our first cruise ever and given that it's taken 20 years for me to convince him to give it a try, I'd like to stay in a relatively nice hotel. Our plane arrives at 7 pm the night before departure, so all that I am looking for is a hotel that we could reach by cab from the airport and would be within walking distance of a nice restaurant and then would be a not too long cab ride to Port Everglades the next morning. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Try the renaissance, embassy suites, hyatt place, hyatt pier 66 or hilton ft lauderdale marina

they are all along 17th street, could walk to places to eat or cab or take the sun trolley

http://www.suntrolley.com

those are just a few.....

cab would be about 20-25 from the airport and 10-15 to the pier (it's really close..you can see the ships from rooms in a few of the hotels. the Hyatt Place might have a shuttle from the airport).....

if you peruse this board, you'll find lots of other suggestions...

How about bidding thru Priceline and request the downtown area only. I have had great results with Priceline. I've never paid more than $60 per night for a room. I have stayed at Rennisance, Hyatt Place on 10th, Embassy Suites and I think its called Stay America or something like that. they are all within a couple blocks of the ships and are all close to each other and restaurants.

Thanks for those suggestions. I also like the idea of trying Priceline. I've never tried it, usually if I need a hotel room it's for my whole family and with 3 kids we often struggle to find a hotel to accommodate us. I appreciate your ideas and sharing with me how far the airport, hotels, and port are from one another!

These hotels along Fort Lauderdale beachfront are also close to the port and all either have their own restaurant or are walking distance to other restaurants (from closest to furthest):

Lago Mar

Best Western Oceanside

Sheraton

Bahia Mar

Courtyard

Marriott BeachPlace

Ritz Carlton

Westin

W

Hilton

Atlantic

Excellent!!! If you are sailing on Princess you might be able to walk to the terminal!

Possibly true, if your ship is at Pier 2.... if at Pier 29, certainly not doable... for a few $$$, take a cab or hotel shuttle to save yourself some trouble...

PortEverglades-map.jpg

Thanks for all your help. Decided to get over my "priceline phobia" and gave it a try. Just got the Renaissance at Port Everglades for $65. Thanks again!

Nice job. First time I bid several years ago we got the Renaissance. When we were checking in there were 2 ladies who just walked in to get a room. They gave them a price of $169.00 My friend with me starts kicking and poking me. She was having a hissey fit thinking I screwed up. I just gave her the "shut up and watch" look. We checked in with oour Priceline reservation at $60. per room. She hasn't doubted me since. LOL

I finally convinced my sister to bid and now shes hooked too. I am now thinking about bidding on a cruise. I can travel at moments notice so I could bid on just about any cruise.

BTW Renaissance is a great location. Drug store, grocery, restaurants all within walking distance. BUT I would NEVER try walking to the ship. We would look like a band of Gypsies on 17th St. LOL

BTW Renaissance is a great location. Drug store, grocery, restaurants all within walking distance. BUT I would NEVER try walking to the ship. We would look like a band of Gypsies on 17th St. LOL

I was joking about walking, but a lot of people come on CC and say that is their plan! My point was that you cannot get closer to the port than the Renaissance.

Thanks for all the helpful information. We'll plan on taking a cab - it will be nice to start off this adventure for us in a relaxing manner. Thanks again you all are the best!

Nice job. First time I bid several years ago we got the Renaissance. When we were checking in there were 2 ladies who just walked in to get a room. They gave them a price of $169.00 My friend with me starts kicking and poking me. She was having a hissey fit thinking I screwed up. I just gave her the "shut up and watch" look. We checked in with oour Priceline reservation at $60. per room. She hasn't doubted me since. LOL

Some people are stupid.

Thanks for all your help. Decided to get over my "priceline phobia" and gave it a try. Just got the Renaissance at Port Everglades for $65. Thanks again!

Congrats skg8 on getting the Renaissance at Port Everglades. I stayed there last year October. Here are some of the pictures of the hotel and area. Also you have a walgreens across the street for last minute stuff for your cruise. I was trying to get that hotel again this year put we ended up with the W on Fort Lauderdale beach for $89 on priceline and $107 after taxes and fees. Good luck and have a great time on your first cruise.

100_1298.jpg.a21fc0be5fe8576d40937d2d9eb34942.jpg

100_1290.jpg.a0d0306e38eae8a0d1bf0412fdab558e.jpg

100_1292.jpg.e148c818081ba7025764573be3ce899b.jpg

100_1275.jpg.3a2821b68da661f6364c970f29a96f9d.jpg

Hi:

Can any one tell me if there is a wine / liquor store within walking distance of the Renissance.

Thanks, Joe

Depends on who is doing the walking. I wouldn't walk there but many would. Of course I have arthritis and it would be way too far for me. But I THINK its about3 or 4 blocks very near the corner. Just walk west ?? a couple blocks. you'll pass some stores and a shopping center. I would MapQuest it though.

In July you should be able to bid under $60 for a 4* downtown FLL and most likely get the Renaissance. Very nice hotel.

Or you can join Hilton Honors at no cost and get the Embassy for probably about $125 (just guessing) - Full breakfast and a two hour free cocktail hour.

Archived