Are Shorex departure times ever posted in advance?

Does Regent post the departure times for Shore excursions ahead of time? The tours for our Jan/11 FLL-Lima (Mariner) are starting to show up on RSSC website, but they only show length of the tour, not when they depart. Is it possible to book two short tours in one day without overlapping and thus causing a no-show situation (which we understand has been a big problem lately)? It would be very helpful if Regent could post the approximate departure/return times of the tours, if that's possible. I'd be interested to hear comments on this. I've searched the boards but there has been nothing recent on this topic.

Wouldn't you know, I no sooner posted this new thread topic about shorex departure times, and then received an email from Regent with the excursion document attached. All departure times are listed, so problem solved! If you're wondering how to get the email, I was able to select the email option on the "Ports & Excursion" tab for the cruise.

Unfortunately, it appears that all Lima tours depart around the same time, most are early in the morning (except for the Pisco tour at 11:30) so there is no chance of doing two tours in one day. Bummer. It would have been nice to do a shorter tour later in the afternoon, since the ship stays in port overnight. Since walking from Calleo is not an option, I guess we'll have to find a private driver to take us into Lima if we want to see something extra later in the day.

Sometimes in a place like Lima that is somewhat inland from the port, Regent will provide shuttle buses. Don't know if it would do that in this case, but they might. Or, ..., you could leave your earlier tour and stay in Lima, grabbing a cab back to the port when you're ready.

That could be an option, assuming that cabs would be available and are safe to use. I remember something on a previous post - I think it was on the 'South America ports' board - about how to ensure a safe cab hire in Lima. I'll have to read that thread again.

Or, I guess an option is to select one of the longer 'all-day' tours that includes lunch, and not venture off the ship again. They all look fairly interesting. We are new to Regent, so I'm not sure how large the tour groups are - but I guess we'll find out!

Nanook21, I'm at a loss as to how you were able to obtain the e-mail you mention. I looked at your cruise and the one we are booked for in February 2011, and I could not locate where one requests the detailed excursion information. I then called Regent, and they couldn't help me, especially this early because excursions weren't loaded yet. Maybe they loaded yours early.

Could you be more specific as to where exactly on the Ports and Excursions tab page the request would be made? Thanks.

On the rssc.com website, select "ports & excursions' from the list at the left, then pick a destination country (ie: Peru). Then in the pop-up box "cruises that visit this port", find your cruise itinerary. I selected the FLL-Lima itinerary Jan/11. Once you have the screen that shows that itinerary's ports, select one of the ports and click on it (eg: Willemstad) to open. Beside the port box, there should now be a line that says "receive all available tours via e-mail". This is a link to a log-in box where you either log in to your account, or creat a new account. Hope this works for you! I just tried it again on mine and it worked ok.

Dreps, I found a BA to Rio itinerary Feb 19/11, so I assume this is the one you mean. You can also get to the email info by selecting "Find A Cruise" on the rssc.com website, then choose "Latin America". Select your itinerary from the list, eg: BA to Rio, then select one of the ports, eg: BA or Uruguay. Again, the port box has a line beside it that is a link, it says "receive all available tours via e-mail". Just click on this, and log into your account, or create a new one. I just looked at the BA to Rio, and the link is there. :)

No, we're actually on the Sydney-Beijing segment of the World Cruise beginning on February 23, 2011. Now I see what to do to request the e-mails. Thanks.

But can I assume that I won't really receive any useful information yet because

none of the excursions are listed yet--it's too early--not yet 180 days out? Nevertheless, I just clicked on a couple of the ports and requested the e-mails to see what happens.

That's why I was surprised that you received your e-mails because isn't it too early for your cruise also?

We cannot book them until 180 days out, but they are listed and available by email for reviewing. If the e-mail option is not there, then I surmise the tours for that itinerary probably have not yet been finalized.

BTW, you only need to request the e-mail option on one of the ports, and the email you receive will show all ports on the itinerary that are available at that time. You don't need to select it for each port.

I guess the next question is will the email be sent when the excursions are avaialble?

Peggy

Peggy,

Yes, the email is sent if excursions are available. You do not have to be booked on the cruise to get the email.

Dave

Peggy,

Yes, the email is sent if excursions are available. You do not have to be booked on the cruise to get the email.

Dave

So if you ask for the email and it is not available yet for a specific cruise, it will be sent when it is? I am asking for the shorex for a cruise I'm booked on.

Peggy

Sorry Peggy, I misunderstood your first question. I don't know if an email will be sent when excursions become available. If I had to guess, I'd think an email would not be sent. It's probably best to just keep checking your cruise.

Dave

Archived