Quebec/NY sea conditions in October?

CleoV

We are travelling on Crystal Cruise line in late October-early November and I'm wondering what typical sea condtions might be during that time frame. I know there's no way to know for sure, but on average, can I expect calm, or should I anticipate high seas? Would you expect the sea to be calm in the St. Lawerence River/Gulf area? Where might it typically get rougher?

Just want to prepare in advance!

Thanks! :)

My experience is to prepare for the rough seas but hopefully that will not be the case. What I mean by that is that if the rough seas bother you bring items to prepare for that such as medication. And I normally recommend booking a cabin mid ship. Since you have already booked the cruise and are getting closer to your cruisng date that might not be possible.

We took the same cruise you will be on with Crystal in the Fall of 2007. Our seas were quite calm and the days in port were quite nice. I visited one of the same ports in 2004 (Newport, RI) just a couple of weeks earlier and the seas were quite rough (we had to tender in). One year before our cruise 2007 there was a big storm along the east coast.

What I am trying to say is this all varies from year to year and voyage to voyage. You may have calm seas or possibly moderate to even rough seas.

Keith

We took the cruise on Princess last year and hit a Nor Easter where we had to stay at sea and try to get behind the storm. The ship took damage of items in the shop and structural damage on the pool deck and broken window on the Promenade deck. We also missed Newport. It was an adventure and hard to walk and of course access to outside were are closed so I would prepare for the worse and hope for the best. We are going again same time this year and hope things are different.

Archived