Insurance Before Final Payment ?

pratzert

We are booked on the Sept. 17th sailing on Insignia Venice to Barcelona.

We delined the insurance when we booked and paid our deposit, but with this volcano thing, we are getting a little jittery.

Can we still take the insurance as long as we have not made final payment for the same price ti was offered at the time of the deposit ?

Can anyone give me a heads up on which Travel Insurance Companies actually paid something to passengers because of the volcano eruption and ash problem ?

Thanks.

I always compare between above noted site and www.insuremytrip.com..sometimes you get a better deal...Also, re.volcano,when I booked 10 days ago for June 23rd trip they said,I also call the company directly, that an "internal Memo" would cover any future volcano...but when I got details online,there was no mention of such....called again and reassured we ARE covered...So not sure if we REALLY are ,since not in print specifcally....just a heads up...think I may get "cancel for any reason" when first book next cruise, to be on safe side..:confused:

I always compare between above noted site and www.insuremytrip.com..sometimes you get a better deal...Also, re.volcano,when I booked 10 days ago for June 23rd trip they said,I also call the company directly, that an "internal Memo" would cover any future volcano...but when I got details online,there was no mention of such....called again and reassured we ARE covered...So not sure if we REALLY are ,since not in print specifcally....just a heads up...think I may get "cancel for any reason" when first book next cruise, to be on safe side..:confused:

I wonder if they would be willing to put their money where their mouth is and mail or fax you something in writing assuring you are covered for the volcano/ash ?

Do most places sell the "cancel for any reason" trip insurance ?

you must buy the "cancel for any reason" clause when you first book cruise,or 14 days,after to be covered. Then only 80% of total, or so, will be refunded...plus ,you have to cancel at least 48 hrs. before....so all the "details" can be confusing...re;memo for volcano,,,said "internal" not for publication,,,with Travel Safe Ins...under "weather related" and "trip interuption" clauses....so you must become sort of an insurance expert to really KNOW what you are getting....I fly in 2 weeks and just HOPE no volcanos,oil slicks, hurricanes,etc.....what a year, eh?:rolleyes:

Hi alexandra cruiser,

Which company (tripinsurancestore.com , insuremytrip.com , or another company was it that told you this?

they said, I also call the company directly, that an "internal Memo" would cover any future volcano
I, myself, have never heard this advice so I'd like to know who's giving this advice.

TIA,

Steve Dasseos

you must buy the "cancel for any reason" clause when you first book cruise,or 14 days,after to be covered. Then only 80% of total, or so, will be refunded...plus ,you have to cancel at least 48 hrs. before....so all the "details" can be confusing...re;memo for volcano,,,said "internal" not for publication,,,with Travel Safe Ins...under "weather related" and "trip interuption" clauses....so you must become sort of an insurance expert to really KNOW what you are getting....I fly in 2 weeks and just HOPE no volcanos,oil slicks, hurricanes,etc.....what a year, eh?:rolleyes:

Where can you buy cancel for any reason insurance?

Natural disasters are the least of my worries. I have a 93 year old ailing mother, and I don't think that I can get any cancellation insurance to cover us if my mother should take a turn for the worse before we sail next March on the Marina. It is a very expensive cruise and I hate the thought of losing everything.

At least Princess has cancel for any reason, even if it is only a credit for another cruise. We are buying it for our TA on the Grand in September.

Where can you buy cancel for any reason insurance?

Natural disasters are the least of my worries. I have a 93 year old ailing mother, and I don't think that I can get any cancellation insurance to cover us if my mother should take a turn for the worse before we sail next March on the Marina. It is a very expensive cruise and I hate the thought of losing everything.

At least Princess has cancel for any reason, even if it is only a credit for another cruise. We are buying it for our TA on the Grand in September.

We purchased ours through travelinsured {dot) com

pls see this link discussing Tvl Ins & the Ash crisis, from The Trip Insurance store:

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/blog/the-skinny-on-the-iceland-volcano-

Col Wes, Over two years ago I fell in Istanbul and had my hip replaced in a Turkish hospital. Great operation, good accommodations (hotel on the top floor of the hospital). Wife stayed for five days in a regular hotel room and I joined her in a suite for five more days during my recovery. Staff came to my room to change dressings, administer shots, take blood, etc.

Had a doctor come to Turkey from Canada to ensure I had oxygen and got me home safely. It was then I realized that Tricare was the first payee with the insurance company as secondary. I believe all of the insurance company's operate the same way where government employees, retired military, etc. have Tricare as the first payee.

Does anyone know of a travel insurance company that is first payee or is best for the above group of individuals?

Col Ftrplt Ret.

Archived