Sitka - Sea Otter Quest or 4X4 trip?

Len3

What's the opinion on this one? We need to decide pretty fast. We're on HAL and only have from 8:00AM until 3:00PM and would like to see some of the town before sailing.

This one really seems like a what do YOU want to do decision? I personally would choose the Sea Otter Quest in a heartbeat, but I have a good friend that wouldn't be able to consider anything else after knowing about the 4x4 trip.

I know the Sea Otter Quest will definitely give you time in Sitka.

We did the 4x4 trip last year, first week in june.We thought it was a great time with the added bonus of seeing three adult brown bears and three cubs. They where in the meadow eating grass. Just a wonderful sight. If we didn't see the bears it still would have been a good trip.:)

I saw a YouTube video of the 4x4 trip when I was searching for Alaska videos the other night. I specifically searched for Radiance Alaska when I came across it. I would imagine that the 4x4 is the same no matter what ship you're on. You might want to find it and see what you think of it.

fwiw...I decided on the otter trip.

Enjoy!

These are two entirely different excursions. One is pretty calm and sedate, sitting on a boat taking pictures. The other is adventurous and fast paced. It depends on what you want to do.

We just came back from our cruise, and the Sea Otter trip in Sitka on a ship's excursion with Allen Marine was positively the highlight of our cruise! This is one of the few places in the world you cans see the sea otters.

A 4X4 is not to my taste, but if I were going to do that there are other Alaska ports, and many other places in the world, that it can be done.

What you want to do will be what you want to do.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived