waitlisted cabana

sweetsly

You really don't need a cabanna-there's plenty of "natural" shade. At least there was before the hurricane. When we exited the tenders, we turned left. There were lots of palm trees with lounges/chairs/hammocks under the trees with plenty of shade.

For those who want cabanas -- I think until Princess gets the reservation system sorted out as to what exactly people are getting, there will be a number of extras that open up. We had 4 reserved originally (there were 4 people in our group) and only needed 2. The "extra" 2 were released shortly after we embarked and got a call from the shorex desk to clarify what was what.

I will agree with WeBeGone that there is a good number of shady spots available, but the trees don't block the sun (for better or worse) like the cabanas do.

We go the general impression there were many more loungers and shady areas available now at Princess Cays, compared to when were there last 2 years ago...

I too was waitlisted for my ill fated CP 1/21 visit (we couldn't go to shore becasue of rough waters), when I got on board, I went to the shore excursion desk and they got me one. If they dont have any right then, make sure they waitlist you on board as well, as often times things open up, or more are added they they dont know about until later in the cruise.

Have fun!

Casey

Canadian Cutie- I am on the same cruise and as I said, I have an extra cabana that I plan to turn back in. If Sweetsly isn't on the same cruise (I asked them first-see previous post), I'd be happy to hand you the ticket on board when we all get there!

When we were on the Grand three years ago, we went to the lounge to get tender tickets at about 9:30AM. We had to wait well over an hour (which surprised me since the lounge wasn't that full) and didn't actually get to Princess Cays at about 11:00AM. There was absolutely no shade, no loungers, barely even an open spot in the sand to put down a towel. The only shade we found was either at the bar or food area. We walked all around and checked everything out but gave up at about noon and went back to the ship.

So, if you need/want shade, you should either get up with the rooster or go later in the day. Since our experience, I've planned to consider Princess Cays a "sea" day but now that there are cabanas, I'd rent one. I don't think I'd get off without one.

Sure hope it doesn't take that long to get off the ship now. I have an 11AM Banana Boat ride. That should be a sight! Seriously, it's hard to spend a nice, full, relaxing day if you can't get off the ship till late. Does the entire ship actually have to line up in one lounge for tickets???

I thought I remembered from previous Princess cruises that they handed out one tender ticket per person, and everyone in your party had to physically go to the desk to get one. Obviously, this prevented people from pulling the "lounge hog" trick of one person getting tender tix for 11 other people who may or may not have even been ready to board the tender when their number was called.

Last week on the Star, I don't remember hearing them say that in the announcements or reading it in the Patter instructions for using the tenders, and I thought people were getting multiple tix from the desk.

Maybe I just missed it? Anyone else catch this?

BTW - the shorex cabana ticket you'll get says you have to claim your cabana by 12 noon or it will be resold!!

Last week on the Carib. Princess they tried out what I believe is a new and successful tender process. As you were ready to go you went to the Princess Theater and were seated in order as you came in. As a tender was ready to be boarded you left in that order. Seemed to work quite well. Maybe a few extra steps meandering thru the ship, but certainly no huge lineups or people congregating like disembarkation. No actual tickets were handed out. No saving spots.

That's what they did when I was on the Constellation a few months ago. As we arrived in the theater, they boarded us in the order we got there. It was very orderly and seemed very fair and eliminated any "tender hogs".

Sign me up!!! That sounds like the way to go; hope they do this throughout their ships.

Has anyone experienced this at other ports of call besides Princess Cays? Do they still call first or otherwise give priority to those with Princess-affiliated excursion? Or is it the standard ticket system?

we were at princess cays last thursday on the sun princess...we had to go to the dining room and get a ticket...one handed out per person...and wait for our # to be called....we only waited about 10 minutes at the very most.

we were NOT among the first to get off the ship....there were TONS of available chaises, but the shade trees that line the beach seemed to have been the first areas occupied. we did not walk down to the end of the beach, though. it looked like there WAS availability down at the far end under shade trees. there are also tables under pavilions where u are completely shaded....so, if u don't have a cabana, u can still have fun in the shade.

nancy

Ziggy, this is not what others are talking about.

These are basically "free" umbrellas. We put our lounge chair under one of these huts last week and were very happy.

I really do not understand the fuss over the cabanas. There is plenty of shade at Princess Cays.

I'd just be happy to make it on to Princess Cays. I don't care if I have a cabana or not.

It does not look like the CP made it there again today.

I watched the cam a few times,including this morning, and it didn't look like they were even there.

They were enroute back to Port Everglades at 2:30 when I checked.

Rough seas AGAIN? :(

Ziggy, this is not what others are talking about.

These are basically "free" umbrellas. We put our lounge chair under one of these huts last week and were very happy.

I really do not understand the fuss over the cabanas. There is plenty of shade at Princess Cays.

Thanks mafig, dh has to have some shade but not all, we are kinda looking forward to taking pics in the caribbean under these umbrella huts hehehehe, Looks totally caribbean to us :)

Archived