Venice Pier to hotel

Beally

I think your asking if transportation needs to be booked in advance but I'm not sure.

I suggest you advise what hotel your staying so you'll get better information.

Venice is quite easy to get around and there is a few ways of getting from point a to b.

But with out knowing where your staying its a bit difficult.

Staying at the Principe Hotel in Venice. Going on MSC cruise

You asked for the easiest way. In Venice, the easiest way is almost always by private water taxi. You do not need to reserve in advance. You can find someone to share with as you exit the cruise terminal building. There will be a guy there at a desk with his telefoninno calling in a bunch of taxis. He will give you a slip of paper with the number of the taxi. Figure on 100-120 euros depending on how many are sharing and how many different hotels your group are going to.

Here is a great web site with lots of information on Venice that you might want to know during your stay.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

It has information on the Principe Hotel in Venice that you will want to read.

It has a link to an interactive map of Venice that can be really helpful in planning your daily trips.

Another thing that helped us was the AAA Spiral Guide to Venice. I don't know when it was last updated but it had great maps and suggestions for daily tours.

Have a great next cruise.

The Splendour of the Seas had a shuttle taking people from the Piazzale Roma to the cruise ship but it was nowhere to be found when we needed to go from the ship to the Piazzale Roma at the end of our cruise. I don't know if MSC is the same or not. We ended up dragging our luggage to our hotel from the ship. It's not that difficult if your hotel is near the Piazzale Roma, you're in decent shape and you don't have tons of luggage. I found the hardest part to be carrying the heavy suitcase up and down the bridges to the hotel.

Archived