Where is SDHalfan (Valerie)? She was last seen cruising the South Pacific

I hope Valerie (SDHalfan) doesn't mind me posting this here. I've been a little worried about her for some time. She used to post here quite often, and I know she went on the Grand Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Voyage last fall, with Kween Karen and others. She hasn't posted since before that cruise, and she last visited here in March.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how she's doing? Has she been off cruising? I just want to make sure she's OK. She hasn't responded to my email.

Thanks very much,

Karin

I have had the same concerns. After enjoying her company while cruise the Grand Voyage last fall I have not heard from her again. I emailed and didn't get a response.

Valerie.....hopefully you are well and happy and will get back with us soon.

Your new friend,

Karen

I also hope all is well with Valerie, she was a frequent poster here on CC and I always enjoyed her posts.

Karen can you think of anyone you're in contact with from the Grand Voyage who may know how she's doing.?

We miss you Valerie.:)

Regards Colleen

I just saw this and I too hope she is alright. I thought I had her phone number but I cannot find it so I sent her off an email as well. I know she was not one to check her email that often and would go several weeks.

• 1 month later...

We received word today that our dear friend, Valerie Wiersema passed away in May. Valerie was our shipmate on the last two fall Grand Voyages on AMSTERDAM. She was a most valuable member of our championship Brain trivia team and was a delightful travelling companion with her rapier British wit and cynicism of all things pretentious. We shared many memorable moments and meals with Val and we cherish the many leagues we traveled with her. No future voyage we embark upon will ever be the same without her and we will forever raise a toast to her memory each and every time.

Right now we are on the Voyage of the Vikings on our way to Greenland and points east. To SDHALFAN…God Bless!

That is indeed very sad news. I have been trying to find her for several months. She was one of my table mates on the Grand South Pacific adventure last fall...........I will hold the memories dear. I was fearful that something had happened when there were no responses from her and no posts on CC.

To Valerie......a friend and travel mate!

We received word today that our dear friend, Valerie Wiersema passed away in May. Valerie was our shipmate on the last two fall Grand Voyages on AMSTERDAM.

I am SO sorry to hear that Val has died. I think she cruised with us at LEAST 3 times on the longer Asia/Pac cruises and TRULY loved the knowledge she got from traveling. She was a GOOd friend. Thanks, Bob -see you in Setember

Anne

We received word today that our dear friend' date=' Valerie Wiersema passed away in May. Valerie was our shipmate on the last two fall Grand Voyages on AMSTERDAM. She was a most valuable member of our championship Brain trivia team and was a delightful travelling companion with her rapier British wit and cynicism of all things pretentious. We shared many memorable moments and meals with Val and we cherish the many leagues we traveled with her. No future voyage we embark upon will ever be the same without her and we will forever raise a toast to her memory each and every time.[/size']

Right now we are on the Voyage of the Vikings on our way to Greenland and points east. To SDHALFAN…God Bless!

Thank you, Rozo'sbeau, for letting us know this sad news. I was so afraid of something like this, and I wish I had tried harder to get in touch with her. I hope her death was not painful or lonely. May she rest in peace.

Tom and I are so very shocked and saddened. We spent a late night dinner since I did not get off till late talking about Valerie. Valerie was such a sweet person and several years ago she was cleaning out things in her house and she sent me some of her HAL items. So tonight we were looking at some of the things she sent Tom and I. She loved to call Tom "Pedro" since she knew about the little nick name he had a few years ago.

I have just spent the last hour trying to find a special picture I had taken of Valerie and darned if I can find it I had thought it was in the Photobucket pictures of the first Yum Yum Man Cruise and I cannot find it but I am sure that localady aka Sher will night mind that her and her DH Bob are also in this picture. Valier is the very lovely lady on the right.

Oh Valerie you will be so missed:o

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/YummersCruise/100_2268.jpg

Omg...I am in total shock reading this! I am very sad to hear this news about our lovely Valerie! :(

She had so much class and was so much fun. I really enjoyed cruising with her on our Yummer cruise. I had the pleasure of getting together with her for an afternoon while I was visiting in San Diego after our Yummer cruise. We had a great time visiting and having lunch.

I have some great pictures of Valerie ...will have to find them and figure out how to post them for you all to share.

Does anyone know the nature of her passing?

I just really can't believe it...Val was always so full of life! She will be missed by many who had the pleasure of knowing her.

We received word today that our dear friend' date=' Valerie Wiersema passed away in May. Valerie was our shipmate on the last two fall Grand Voyages on AMSTERDAM. She was a most valuable member of our championship Brain trivia team and was a delightful travelling companion with her rapier British wit and cynicism of all things pretentious. We shared many memorable moments and meals with Val and we cherish the many leagues we traveled with her. No future voyage we embark upon will ever be the same without her and we will forever raise a toast to her memory each and every time.[/size']

OMG!!!! This was horrible to read of.

God Bless you Valerie. I know that you are with him and watching down upon those of us you've left behind.

You will be missed by everyone who's life you have touched, whether it was in person or over the internet.

Joanie

I, too, was saddened to read this. I'm always impressed to realize how connected we become as a part of this community. Losing one of our own truly IS a loss, whether we've met in person or not. Rest in peace, Valerie.

Archived