Is a 11:10 flight from Miami doable?

Hi all,

I just posted this on theCruise Air board, but wanted to cover all bases, as I want to book my air today.

Thinking of booking a flight at 11:10 on Sunday 10/24 from Miami to Newark, using Continental Airlines.

We can be off the ship (Liberty of the Seas) as early as possible. The next flight is not until 4:30 pm. We would hate to wait that long.

The 4:30 pm flight is also 100.00 more per couple.There will be 4 of us. Two fifty somethings and to twenty somethings, no kids. We have to go back to work the following day, and would really hate to get in so late. On the same token, we would hate to have to worry that we will most likely miss the 11:10 am flight.

Shoud we feel "relatively" safe booking this flight? I want to book today.

Thanks,

Pat :)

Barring any unforeseen circumstance, you should make it with time to spare. That said.................. What's your fallback? Can you all call out if you miss the 11:10 & can't get on the 4:30 flight?

If you can deal with the additional expense & hassle of missing the flight, go for it. If you can't, bite the bullet & book the later flight.

I would go with this flight. We have done a 10:40 a.m. 4 times now. We always do the express walkoff. We wait until 7:00 (we get coffee and stay in the cafe promenade until it's time to go) to do so otherwise it's a long time to wait at the airport.

Absolutely! There will be ZERo traffic on a Sunday morning to the airport. Do the Express Walk Off around 6:30-7 (personally I would do it a little earlier in case the lines are long).

Last cruise we got off at 6 AM (started standing in line) and were at home (which was 10 minutes from the airport) by 7 AM.

Absolutely! There will be ZERo traffic on a Sunday morning to the airport. Do the Express Walk Off around 6:30-7 (personally I would do it a little earlier in case the lines are long).

Last cruise we got off at 6 AM (started standing in line) and were at home (which was 10 minutes from the airport) by 7 AM.

If you live 10 minutes from the port, WHY in the world would you be in such a rush to leave the ship?? If it were me, I would want to be the last one off. I would sleep in...enjoy breakfast...and try to extend my vacation as much as possible. :)

Archived