Cadiz

Feliseop

I am considering taking the train or bus from Cadiz to Jerez de la Frontera. Has anyone done this? Is the bus stop or train station within walking distance of the port? Are the bodegas and horse school near the train or bus in Jerez? Thanks for your help.

I am considering taking the train or bus from Cadiz to Jerez de la Frontera. Has anyone done this? Is the bus stop or train station within walking distance of the port? Are the bodegas and horse school near the train or bus in Jerez? Thanks for your help.

From what I have read the school is about one half hour walk from the train. We opted to do a private tour to get to jerez instead of doing the train thing.

The ship I am on is offering a shore excursion. I may opt for that but I really do not like going anywhere with a huge group. What tour company did you use? Would you recommend them?

Thanks for your help.

-Felise

Felice, we don't go until October, so i can't really recommend yet.:o

I didn't book this one (although I did the other 4), but one our partners on the tours found her on cruise critic. they run a B & B and do this as well. Since most places require entrance fees, they are basically getting us from here to there.

Most of the other private tours I found were quite expensive, pricier than Rome or Livorno and , at that stage i was leaning towards the ship's tour as guarantee into the horse show was a given. :eek:

If you do it on your own, you need to make reservations and pay for your horse show tickets. they sell out quickly.

The train is a 10 minute walk from the port. When we got to the train station we took a cab to the horse center, got our tickets. They offer a senior or pensioner discount. We then walked to some of the sherry cellars and toured Sandeman. After the show we walked around the area for a bit, then took a cab back to the train station and back to the ship on the train. All in all a lovely day. Pat

Walk to Renfe train station is about 15 min. Have smaller Euro bills; the vending machine in the station doesn't take non Spanish CC and large bills and cashier doesn't sell tickets to Jerez.

Can't help with transport, other than to confirm that the school is about a 20/30 min walk (or a raxi ride) from the rail station. http://www.realescuela.org/

The show is only on a very limited number of days & does often sell-out, though you can buy tickets to visit the carriage museum etc at the gate any day, no problem.

Jerez has more sherry bodegas than you can shake a stick at - Sandeman's is the nearest, practically next-door.

JB

Can't help with transport, other than to confirm that the school is about a 20/30 min walk (or a raxi ride) from the rail station. http://www.realescuela.org/

The show is only on a very limited number of days & does often sell-out, though you can buy tickets to visit the carriage museum etc at the gate any day, no problem.

Jerez has more sherry bodegas than you can shake a stick at - Sandeman's is the nearest, practically next-door.

JB

Too late to edit - the whole complex is closed sundays. Full details, times, etc on their website, above JB

We had no problem buying our tickets from the ticket window at both ends. We were there on a Thurs--a show day. Pat

To be safe, we ordered ours on line for our day in October. When I did so there were 52 left. didn't check to see how many cruise ships were coming in. Very easy. Just need to take your email and a copy of your passport with you

Archived