Questions about "Anytime" Dining on Coral Princess?

fyrmedik

Hello, folks!

I'm just trying to make sure I understand what is expected of us. This is going to be our first cruise, and I've gotten confused with everything I've read.

We have selected "anytime" dining, which means we can go to either of the main dining rooms at the time of our choice (within hours, of course) and be seated as soon as a table is available, correct? Does anyone keep tabs on whether or not we show up? We will probably be eating off ship at times.

As far as the "24-hour buffet"- where is it located? The list of restaurants and dining rooms in Princess's FAQs book seems to show everything closing down at midnight. Can you still get, say, a hamburger and drink after midnight, or is it just limited choices via room service?

Thanks for your patience! Take care,

Regan

Hi Regan - With Anytime Dining you can go to either of the anytime dining rooms whenever you wish during the dining hours. They don't check to see if you show up...you can go to the specialty restaurants or to the buffet if you like. The buffet is the Horizon Court and is open 24/7. I'm not sure if you can get hamburgers, etc. after midnight, but I do know they have several choices available during the wee hours. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Actually, the Coral Princess has only one Traditional Dining Room and one Anytime Dining Room. You will need to use the Anytime Dining Room (it was the Bordeaux Dining Room when wwe were on her last month) or the Horizon Court or specialty restaurants. You may eat anywhere on the ship except the Traditional Dining Room, and if you wish to eat on shore that's fine too.

Hello, folks!

I'm just trying to make sure I understand what is expected of us. This is going to be our first cruise, and I've gotten confused with everything I've read.

We have selected "anytime" dining, which means we can go to either of the main dining rooms at the time of our choice (within hours, of course) and be seated as soon as a table is available, correct? Does anyone keep tabs on whether or not we show up? We will probably be eating off ship at times.

As far as the "24-hour buffet"- where is it located? The list of restaurants and dining rooms in Princess's FAQs book seems to show everything closing down at midnight. Can you still get, say, a hamburger and drink after midnight, or is it just limited choices via room service?

Thanks for your patience! Take care,

Regan

Hi Regan,

What others have said is correct. Only one anytime dining room so you may have a wait (they give you a pager) if you want a table for two, depending what time you arrive.

The hamburger place closes down in the evening, but you can get some food anytime during the night in the Horizon Court or via room service.

As you say "We will probably be eating off ship at times" be aware what time the ship sails so that you don't miss it!

Have a wonderful cruise!

We have selected "anytime" dining, which means we can go to either of the main dining rooms at the time of our choice (within hours, of course) and be seated as soon as a table is available, correct? Does anyone keep tabs on whether or not we show up? We will probably be eating off ship at times. -- As others have noted, the Coral Princess has just two dining rooms total; one for Traditional, one for Anytime. You can only go to the Anytime dining room. You walk up, wait in line for the Maitre d' and let him/her know whether you want to be seated by yourselves or are willing to be seated at a table with others. The wait will be a lot less if you choose to be seated with others. The dress code, menu, etc. are the same in both the Traditional and Anytime dining rooms.

On the Coral, the buffet is on Lido deck (deck 14) at the FRONT of the ship. On most Princess ships, it's located at the back of the ship. It's open 24/7 so you can get something at any time. If you wanted a hamburger after midnight, you may have to order that via Room Service but you can get one. During the day, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. are not in the buffet but are at the Grill & Bar located above the buffet on the Sun deck (deck 15.) The Pizzaria is located just outside the entrance to the buffet from the pool.

Archived