Cash Back??

Cool Waters

I was just checking my cruise out of Baltimore for September to see if the price had dropped on my balcony and it says Cash Back as an option for rates. Is this new?? This is my first cruise so sorry if this not new.....maybe just new to me??

I was just checking my cruise out of Baltimore for September to see if the price had dropped on my balcony and it says Cash Back as an option for rates. Is this new?? This is my first cruise so sorry if this not new.....maybe just new to me??

Nope not new.. if you go thru with the process of booking with cash back.. it equals the same price as past guest;)

Carnival had cash back sales so regularly last year, they became like a regular price. I think when bookings get slow they must do this.

Much moaning and groaing this morning here after the initial excitement died down, and we decided the prices were not a good deal. Maybe it will give you a smile anyway..but the sale is a non sale to most of us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1214246

I just saw this as well! I was originally a bit excited however I realized I generally only book "early saver" so it wouldn't end up being to my benefit in the long run since prices are running 90$+ for the cash back promotions.

Nope not new.. if you go thru with the process of booking with cash back.. it equals the same price as past guest;)

How much is the average Past Guest discount? Thanks a bunch!

How much is the average Past Guest discount? Thanks a bunch!

I don't think that there is an average. The discounts are always going up and down (mostly the prices just keep going up and up these days). Your best bet is to look on the Carnival site and price out different cruises that you might be interested in.

Thanks very much!

Probably too late for this cruise but I just heard Carnival honors Princess Past Passengers. I'm curious if they do or not.

They do.

Early Saver is for anyone though and cheaper than past guest with Carnival, so few book it if they are booking out far enough.

Past Guest is usually not any great shakes as a rate...but for late bookers, sometimes its a good deal closer in

Thanks very much!

I asked my Travel Agent when I booked and she said no. I've already made final payment so I guess I'm out of luck but it's good to know and pass along to friends!

The shipboard credit offer (cash back) is only good with Fun Saver rates (not Early Saver, Past Guest, or other rates). The "Cash Back" promotion started on 6-7-10.

Archived