Would you miss the Royal Promenade

DH and I sailed Liberty for our first cruise/honeymoon and have sailed several Voyager class between the two of us (Adventure, Explorer, Mariner). We also sailed a 9 nighter on Brilliance and loved, loved, loved that ship. We really didn't miss the promenade at all and found plenty of other places to walk around, hang out and/or grab a bit or a drink. Sure, it's definitely a cool feature, but it's not a dealbreaker for us at all.

No, I find it very artificial and a bit oppressive - I don't want to sail on a ship and spend it in an enclosed shopping mall with smoky bars.....although I would miss the Promenade Cafe :)

No, I find it very artificial and a bit oppressive - I don't want to sail on a ship and spend it in an enclosed shopping mall with smoky bars.....although I would miss the Promenade Cafe :)

Fully agree with the above poster. Until they can figure out a way to allow more ambient light, it's more like sitting in a finished basement. Oasis's looks a bit brighter.

Although haven't sailed Oasis, I did miss it when sailing on Brilliance, as I found the area on deck 5 claustrophobic, but then again this class has the SeaView cafe on deck 12 and the outdoor areas for the Windjammer. However, the Royal Promenade for me is a nice place to amble along when going for early morning tea/coffee.

Not for a second! For me, the nicest part about the Radiance class ships are the water views and open-air dining in the Windjammer. This is why I chose to cruise, not for an indoor mall. I can have that at home and save a pile of money. ;)

I hate Royal Promenade. There's nothing about this space that attracts me at all and when I sail on the larger ships, I try to avoid this area like the plaugue. It get way too crowded which makes it difficult to walk from one end of the ship to the other without feeling like a salmon swimming upstream. I also don't care for the lack of windows and in general I'm not a fan of the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships.. Give me Radiance or Vision class any day.

I like the convenience of the Promenade and extra dining options/bars that it offers but the beautiful views on the Radiance class ships is just as wonderful, as are the outdoor dining options at WJ and the Seaview Cafe. Everywhere you look on this ship, there are floor to ceiling windows. It was especially nice on our trip to Alaska, when we spent less time outside and more time watching for whales.

I really did miss the Promenade Cafe though- late night snacks are hard to come by. We would go to the WJ before dinner and grab some cookies or cheese to have after we went to the after-dinner show.

Enjoy!

Likemost people I love the promade cafe as thought the jewel was lacking a cafe that was open late, but I think on the 3rd to last night I found that the pool cafe (solarum) was open for late snacks & hot drinks.

I like the light of the radiance class and I shall compare the AOS with the NOS in 2wks.

We were just on our first RCI cruise (Navigator) and really liked the Royal Promenade. It made it easy to go from one end of the ship to the other without maneuvering through lots of narrow corridors and halls. It only got crowded when shows let out or something special was going on. It probably helped that our cabin was right off the end corridor. I didn't get a closed-in feeling at all.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with almost any ship, as long as I'm on a cruise. I do like the bigger atriums, at least, for the sense of space.

I have been on the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis and did like the Promenade. But I recently was on a smaller ship from a different line and enjoyed the smaller ship feel as well. There is something different and nice about a "smaller" ship although it is not really small. I would definitely go back on a big ship in fact I am going on the Epic and would recommend the Oasis but I have to say there is something nice about a smaller ship.

I'd miss the Promenade a little, my husband even less. The only great thing is the Promenade Cafe. Hubby loves getting hot tea and a snack anythime and sit down in a cafe setting, since we don't have balconies. Going to be interesting when we travel on the Vision in May...

Archived