just got an UPSELL!!!!!

maryivo

hey Rick, No question, I'd take the Lexus too :D. Thanks for the pep-talk...we are excited...super super excited. My little girl has to be the most excited child I've ever seen. She tells everyone she's going to meet Dora and have breakfast with her. You can't put a price on that. You only live once, as long as you live responsibly.....why not live it up! Plus like I said....a teacher and a nurse.....we NEED a vacation! LOL:p

hey Rick, No question, I'd take the Lexus too :D. Thanks for the pep-talk...we are excited...super super excited. My little girl has to be the most excited child I've ever seen. She tells everyone she's going to meet Dora and have breakfast with her. You can't put a price on that. You only live once, as long as you live responsibly.....why not live it up! Plus like I said....a teacher and a nurse.....we NEED a vacation! LOL:p

Sad to see the negative responses--you got a HUGE bargain for a fantastic cabin . The little bedroom is wonderful and cozy for children, and they will have their own bathroom in there. As for the master bath--WOW--you will love it. I will bet the butler will fuss over the children and make them VERY happy !! You will see there are no safety issues for the children as soon as you get to the suite. Our only advice is to be sure you know all the suite perks in advance, and look around this forum and the net for pictures of this wonderful suite--then you will REALLY know what a wonderful decision you made. And don't forget to give the butler and Concierge a nice tip!! They will earn it, we assure you. And be sure you go to the VIP check-in at the pier and avoid the lines.

You got a great deal. You can't put a price on having separate room for kids-priceless! I was a teacher for many years, I know how you need to relax. DH is still working and the more space we have to relax the better! Cynbar's advice is good-our first suite was a last minute upgrade and we didn't know that we could order a great room service breakfast. Also, be sure to get the priority tender tickets if you have to tender.

I think that everyone uses this link as the best description of your new and improved digs...you won't regret your decision for a minute...you'll also never be able to cruise the same again...once you have a suite, nothing else will compare. You'll see.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

While a little outdated maybe, very descriptive with great photo's.

Compare that with photo's of an outside cabin...

Switch and bait... People book cabins which fit their budgets, but go crazy when they see something on sale which costs much more... Switch and bait...

While you may have gotten a great value with the deal, you are out $1000... And way over your original budget...

Many complain about nickel and dime-ing, yet they fall hook, line, and sinker for switch and bait...

If there weren't so many upsells, NCL would be forced to give us more free upgrades...

Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, Folks!

I'm not trying to flame the OP here, but it comes off as she thinks she won something or got something for nothing. To me, it's like shouting, "I won! I won!" when cash comes out of the ATM after I put in my debit card in.

I think the term is bait and switch...anyway...hey, they are going to have the cruise of a lifetime in a cabin that may otherwise not been an option without the deep discounting. Just look...already they are more excited...yes, they were excited about taking the cruise already, but this has enhanced it and they've yet to go anywhere. You can't put a price on that.

Yes, they are paying more, but can obviously afford it. So for $1,000 more, they are getting more than twice the space, a luxurious bathroom area, a balcony, a butler, much better breakfast/lunch options, and VIP services...no question that the cruise experience and memories gained as a result of the upgrade will far exceed a $1,000.

If I were at the Toyota dealer and they said "for only $1,000 more, you can have a Lexus"...a cabin is standard...a suite is not.

Do you know how much cerveza and how many margaritas a thousand bucks will buy in Cozumel?

Enjoy your upsell and I hope you have a wonderful time relaxing in your nice big room.. Spending the money is worth as I always say I cant take it with me and I am not leaving it for my kids..I would rather enjoy spending it on ourselves and our kids...

Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, Folks!

I'm not trying to flame the OP here, but it comes off as she thinks she won something or got something for nothing. To me, it's like shouting, "I won! I won!" when cash comes out of the ATM after I put in my debit card in.

...seriously? The OP is rightfully excited...so what is your point? That people who cruise in anything aside from an inside cabin is overpaying? I would not cruise in an inside cabin...or outside for that matter...even if it were free. It has no value to me. It's all relative.

And getting something for 1/2 price...always a good feeling right...I think that's the point. Not sure what an outside for 4 costs, probably in the $2,000 range...while an AB Suite is probably in the $5,000 range.

Just guessing, but they probably saved $2,000...that's a bit of a savings...I know, I know...for $2,000 you could cruise for the rest of your life...

Do you know how much cerveza and how many margaritas a thousand bucks will buy in Cozumel?

It's all relative...check out the prices at the resort in my signature for January...you'd go ballistic! $21,000 for 7 days in Mexico (Presidential Suite)! Can't wait...you know how many margarita's and cerveza you could buy in Puerto Vallarta for $21,000? Who cares. :)

It's all relative...check out the prices at the resort in my signature for January...you'd go ballistic! $21,000 for 7 days in Mexico (Presidential Suite)! Can't wait...you know how many margarita's and cerveza you could buy in Puerto Vallarta for $21,000? Who cares. :)

I could buy two condos in Broward County, Florida with $21,000.

I could buy two condos in Broward County, Florida with $21,000.

So go for it, who cares. Why try to spoil the OP's happiness? It's not your money so why keep harping on what you could buy with it. Nobody cares!

Enjoy your suite life, OP. You have made a great deal and will be spoiled rotten. :) Some people will never know what it is truly like and don't deserve to anyway.:rolleyes:

So spending $1000 on booze is good, but on a suite is bad........really strange logic IMHO!

CONGRATS on your upsell to an AB suite. We just got off the Gem and were in an AA suite. You will love it! We felt we had our own cruise within a cruise. The service, the extras and the extra space will be great for you and your little ones. There were a few families in suites on the cruise with us. We saw them everyday at Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. What a way to introduce you children to cruising!

I can say that I am astounded and disappointed in the members here who think they have the right to suggest what you should do with your money and how you should spend it. If they chose quantity over quality, that is their choice.

My wife and I just started cruising. We went on a Costa cruise with some of my family and had an inside cabin. We decided we liked to cruise and booked a balcony for our second cruise but ended up paying to upgrade (no upsell fairy for us) to an AA suite because we wanted to. We spent $5,000 for our cabin and don't have a single regret.

Anyway, I will get off of my soapbox and wish you and your family the best and enjoy that AB suite. We have a Courtyard Villa booked on the Epic and I think your AB suite and CVs are similar, so I look forward to hearing how you liked it!

LMAO...while I don't have an extra $21,000, I do have an extra $1000 to spare! Ha, I think it's well worth it and I didn't give it a second thought. Neither did my husband who works 4 days a week for 15 to 16 hours sometimes! He said, "take and run babe!" so i did :D.

And I'm def not worried about cervasas and margarittas in Mexico...lol @ that. It's not going to affect us that much. The only thing I can think of is that it could have been a deposit on next years cruise...but what the heck right!!! Next year we are planning on Bermuda out of NYC. BTW...total cost for the 4 of us ended up being $4000. even. I think it's a great deal personally. I saved about $3000. (I'm guessing here). Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go for it, who cares. Why try to spoil the OP's happiness? It's not your money so why keep harping on what you could buy with it. Nobody cares!

Enjoy your suite life, OP. You have made a great deal and will be spoiled rotten. :) Some people will never know what it is truly like and don't deserve to anyway.:rolleyes:

Thanks Peg, I will don't worry....I'm already dreaming of lazy hazy days being pampered and spoiled!

... I only vacation in the summer b/c I'm a teacher so that leaves out some of the good itineraries. ... My DH is an emergency room nurse in an inner-city so lets just say he works his butt off too. We wanted to splurge and have a great relaxing vacation with our two precious children. ... :D 10 more days :D

Two noble professions and a truly noble ambition. I hope you have a terrific cruise! God bless.

InThe

"My wife and I just started cruising. We went on a Costa cruise with some of my family and had an inside cabin. We decided we liked to cruise and booked a balcony for our second cruise but ended up paying to upgrade (no upsell fairy for us) to an AA suite because we wanted to. We spent $5,000 for our cabin and don't have a single regret.

Anyway, I will get off of my soapbox and wish you and your family the best and enjoy that AB suite. We have a Courtyard Villa booked on the Epic and I think your AB suite and CVs are similar, so I look forward to hearing how you liked it!"

Thanks Waco. I get the feeling some are just trying to be funny maybe? LOL, it's cracking me up anyways, no biggie and def no offense taken. Enjoy your cruise! I'll be sure to post a review when we return. PS. Like your camera. I just purchased a Canon Rebel xi w/ one of those big fancy lenses. Still trying to learn how to use it.

If I were at the Toyota dealer and they said "for only $1,000 more, you can have a Lexus"....

I drive a Prius. I'm not too happy with Toyota these days. Tee-shirt seen at despair dot com: "Once you drive a Toyota, you'll never stop." How appropo. You'll have to look for it, though; it's been displaced by the even better tee-shirt about BP: "BP, bringing oil to the shores of America."

InThe

I'm not harping. You're the one harping about my opinion.

CONGRATS on your upsell to an AB suite. We just got off the Gem and were in an AA suite. You will love it! We felt we had our own cruise within a cruise. The service, the extras and the extra space will be great for you and your little ones. There were a few families in suites on the cruise with us. We saw them everyday at Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. What a way to introduce you children to cruising!

I can say that I am astounded and disappointed in the members here who think they have the right to suggest what you should do with your money and how you should spend it. If they chose quantity over quality, that is their choice.

My wife and I just started cruising. We went on a Costa cruise with some of my family and had an inside cabin. We decided we liked to cruise and booked a balcony for our second cruise but ended up paying to upgrade (no upsell fairy for us) to an AA suite because we wanted to. We spent $5,000 for our cabin and don't have a single regret.

Anyway, I will get off of my soapbox and wish you and your family the best and enjoy that AB suite. We have a Courtyard Villa booked on the Epic and I think your AB suite and CVs are similar, so I look forward to hearing how you liked it!

I am astounded and disappointed you think you have the right to marginalize someone's opinion on a public message board!

So spending $1000 on booze is good, but on a suite is bad........really strange logic IMHO!

Um, speaking of really strange logic, if you aggregate Music City's post number 30 with his/her post number 14, you have someone sucking out money from an ATM to pump it into a lottery machine, and if a winning set of numbers comes up, the poster plans to yell "I win, I win", rather than the more accurate declaration, "I siphoned the money out of the pockets of other suckers just like me, and in the process we all lined the pockets of the lottery hucksters."

Oh well. The State to the north of me advertized their lottery with a pot of gold. At least my State is slightly more honest, by advertizing it with a pair of crossed fingers. By my opinion is that they should just lower one of those two digits and leave it at that.

InThe

Um, speaking of really strange logic, if you aggregate Music City's post number 30 with his/her post number 14, you have someone sucking out money from an ATM to pump it into a lottery machine, and if a winning set of numbers comes up, the poster plans to yell "I win, I win", rather than the more accurate declaration, "I siphoned the money out of the pockets of other suckers just like me, and in the process we all lined the pockets of the lottery hucksters."

Oh well. The State to the north of me advertized their lottery with a pot of gold. At least my State is slightly more honest, by advertizing it with a pair of crossed fingers. By my opinion is that they should just lower one of those two digits and leave it at that.

InThe

"Winning the lottery" was rhetoric. You do know what rhetorical speech is, right?

Archived