just got an UPSELL!!!!!

maryivo

We were on the Gem a few weeks ago. The day before last (Friday) was a sea day - actually Thursday after 12 noon and forward were sea days....anyway on Friday we opted for a few games of bowling. Last time I bowled was the year before on the Gem....am I a Nimrod too?

Yes, anyone that bowls on a cruise ship is a nimrod nipplehead. At least it was on a sea day, though.

Naw, a balcony would almost double the cost with an additional $820 and I'll be able to pick up a discounted Carnival cruise for that in September or October. I just don't think a balcony is worth it on a Caribbean cruise. It's usually too hot and humid to sit out on and there are too damn many smokers that get balconies so they can smoke. Nothing like sitting out on your expensive, hot, humid balcony breathing second hand smoke.

I'll watch the fares on the Pearl cruise and see if something goes down or they allow the combining of the military discount with past guest or over 55 rates. Odds are I'll get the price down a bit.

I would take a solo cruise every month if they had good deals for solo cruisers, I also would be looking for a new wife if I did a solo cruise. I retired 8 years ago at 44 and the wife still works 3 days a week, but takes 2 or 3 months off a year.

We will be in Memphis on Monday, after a stop in Sarasota Florida for 4 days, so we will get about one hour of what Tenn. is all about. This starts trips going to LAX/Minn/Tampa/Memphis/LAX fun 5 days.

I would take a solo cruise every month if they had good deals for solo cruisers, I also would be looking for a new wife if I did a solo cruise. I retired 8 years ago at 44 and the wife still works 3 days a week, but takes 2 or 3 months off a year.

Keep watching those studio cabins on the Epic. I think they'll get down to a decent fare in a few months. Right now I can get one as a single on a military discount for $743.

Last fall several 7 day Carnival cruises got down to $259 double. That wouldn't be too bad as a single.

We will be in Memphis on Monday, after a stop in Sarasota Florida for 4 days, so we will get about one hour of what Tenn. is all about. This starts trips going to LAX/Minn/Tampa/Memphis/LAX fun 5 days.

Don't judge Tennesse by Memphis which is so-so. Go to the Rendezvous for some ribs (close to Beale Street) and tour Graceland if you get the chance.

Don't judge Tennesse by Memphis which is so-so. Go to the Rendezvous for some ribs (close to Beale Street) and tour Graceland if you get the chance.

I would love to get some BBQ, but we are just changing planes in the one hour ten minutes we have there, is there a place to pick-up some to-go ribs at the airport that are good eat's?

I would love to get some BBQ, but we are just changing planes in the one hour ten minutes we have there, is there a place to pick-up some to-go ribs at the airport that are good eat's?

There's Corky's (which a lot of people like) and Interstate BBQ depending on what terminal you have time to go to. The Rendezvous is unique and half the attraction is the "ambiance." Memphis is a small airport so it shouldn't be much of a problem going from one terminal to the other.

http://www.mscaa.com/?q=shop/dining

We have been in an AB several time with our kids now 4 and 6. You have made a great choice with your money. The easy check in is worth $1000 alone. If there are any tenders you will be front of the line. And priceless is the extra room, DVD player and the butler stopping by every day at 5PM with snacks and saying hi to the kids.

Do double check the kids lock on the door as we have had to have them fixed in the past. But they will cheerfully and quickly do this.

We also always make an effort to keep the chairs pulled backed away from the balcony railings. It is a constant worry. But.... you will make it work.

Believe me you made the right choice! Have fun

That would be "Porky's" and no. Corky's is a chain rib joint, but it's pretty good, and MUCH better than typical airport fare.

OMG...too funny! I totally forgot, you're right it's Porky's..ha!! Silly me :rolleyes:

"Corky's" as in the movie? I'm dying to visit Memphis. I may be coming in November w/ a friend who's son is stationed in Kentucy, but very close to TN.

If he is stationed at Fort Campbell, KY then he would be about 250 miles from Memphis. If he is at Ft Knox he's even farther away.

There's Corky's (which a lot of people like) and Interstate BBQ depending on what terminal you have time to go to. The Rendezvous is unique and half the attraction is the "ambiance." Memphis is a small airport so it shouldn't be much of a problem going from one terminal to the other.

http://www.mscaa.com/?q=shop/dining

Thanks for the info, we will give it a look Monday on our way back to So. Cal. also we are flying Delta.

Wow, so excited to announce I was just offered an upsell to an AB suite on the Jewel June 19th for only $1000. I'm assuming this is a great deal but I don't really care b/c I'm just sooooo excited!!!! Wohoooo!!!

I am a little concerned about my kids who are 4 and 6 having access to the balconly especially since we are in separate rooms. I plan on asking for a special lock bar thou, and I'm sure that will ease my worries. I cannot wait!!!!! 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Was your upsell $1000 per person or for all 4 of you?

Surely you are not going to leave a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old in the cabin by themselves????

Ha ha - The AB suites have a separate bedroom that has a balcony sliding door I think.

OK so how do I get an upsell? I already have an AB catagory 2 bd penthouse on deck 11 but would like to move up to catagory A3 deck 14 cause you get access to the courtyard area and pool. So what's the last minute secret?? Thanks

Archived