just got an UPSELL!!!!!

maryivo

Wow, so excited to announce I was just offered an upsell to an AB suite on the Jewel June 19th for only $1000. I'm assuming this is a great deal but I don't really care b/c I'm just sooooo excited!!!! Wohoooo!!!

I am a little concerned about my kids who are 4 and 6 having access to the balconly especially since we are in separate rooms. I plan on asking for a special lock bar thou, and I'm sure that will ease my worries. I cannot wait!!!!! 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

We'll be in an AB the week after you. First time in this category of suite so looking forward to it.

The balcony doors have a pretty good lock that is difficult for a child to open - also a bar lock on the top.

Wow, so excited to announce I was just offered an upsell to an AB suite on the Jewel June 19th for only $1000. I'm assuming this is a great deal but I don't really care b/c I'm just sooooo excited!!!! Wohoooo!!!

I am a little concerned about my kids who are 4 and 6 having access to the balconly especially since we are in separate rooms. I plan on asking for a special lock bar thou, and I'm sure that will ease my worries. I cannot wait!!!!! 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Surely you are not going to leave a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old in the cabin by themselves????

Surely you are not going to leave a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old in the cabin by themselves????

The AB penthouse's have a child's bedroom. I think that's what they is referring to.

Two people could take a second cruise with that $1,000 and still have almost enough money left for the gratuity.

I can only say ????????????????????????????

I rarely pay over $400 per person including all taxes and port charges for a 7 day cruise. That allows me to take 4 or 5 cruises a year.

Someday I'll win the lottery and be able to take 5 or 6 cruises a year in suites. Meanwhile, give me those cheap insides.

I will never again sail in the BATCAVE ( inside cabin) it's been the suite life for awhile now.

I only go there to sleep (and dark is good for sleeping), s***, shower, shave and change clothes. Unless you camp out in your suite all day and night you're paying a lot of money for just a few hours there.

But...To each his own. And my own is taking as many cruises as possible.

Reply to leaving the kids alone...OMG no, we would never do that. The setup of the room gives the kids a door to the living room and I'm in a separate room. A little awkard of a set-up and I'm sure I just have preliminary jitters. I tend to be a little over-anxious regarding safety issues. I'm sure I'll be fine. Prior to the upsell we had a picture window so it's a BIG upgrade. We had a balcony on our first NCL cruise so we would have missed that in a window room.

Regarding the $1000. for another cruise...well it depends on how you look at it. I only vacation in the summer b/c I'm a teacher so that leaves out some of the good itineraries. We also go to the Outer Banks each summer so that is our second vacation. That pretty much does it for us so why not splurge on a suite. We work hard all year for this. My DH is an emergency room nurse in an inner-city so lets just say he works his butt off too. We wanted to splurge and have a great relaxing vacation with our two precious children. It's not like we have an abundace of money, just really looking forward to the suite life as some call it here. :D 10 more days :D

Make sure you are on the right side of the ship with the AB suite. If you are on the left, the gym is above you and you will hear BOOM BOOM BOOM all day long.

Also.....the gym opens early. Talking from experience.

Thanks Kevin, We are actually on the right side of the ship. I hope to be in the gym myself thou...gotta get my work out in :) work off all those extra calories I'm not used to eating.

Switch and bait... People book cabins which fit their budgets, but go crazy when they see something on sale which costs much more... Switch and bait...

While you may have gotten a great value with the deal, you are out $1000... And way over your original budget...

Many complain about nickel and dime-ing, yet they fall hook, line, and sinker for switch and bait...

If there weren't so many upsells, NCL would be forced to give us more free upgrades...

Congratulations on your upsell, don't pay any attention to the negativity. I think $1000 is not bad to move up from an oceanview cabin for 4! You'll love the extra space, the privacy of 2 bedrooms, the chance to have your butler bring full meals to your cabin (especially nice with small children who get tired quickly), breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, priority embarkation, the concierge to make your reservations. I think this will make it a MUCH nicer vacation for all of you.

thanks cynbar, we're super excited. I agree it'll be much better for us.

Our inital booking was under our yearly vacation budget actually. So, this actually fit our needs perfectly. I booked super early so I got an awesome deal the first time around. I've had this cabin booked for over a year...way before the prices skyrocked when they announced the Nick partnership. I look at this way.....$1000. in the long run is not going to change my life or make or break my budget. If it did, I shouldn't be vacationing to begin with because I couldn't afford it.

Suite life here we come :D

You will love the AB, especially with children. We have sailed in an AB a few times and would never go back to a regular cabin (in fact we just booked the Owners Suite on the Epic for spring break!). The extra money is well worth it as NCL really does suites well. When I am on vacation I like to have a spacious cabin and large deck - this way we actually do like to spend time both in the cabin and on our deck away from the crowds. And the ability to eat at Cagney's for breakfast and lunch and have meals served on your balcony is worth the cost of the upgrade (plus getting on and off the ship quickly.... priceless!). Doesn't hurt to feel pampered!! Enjoy it

Switch and bait... People book cabins which fit their budgets, but go crazy when they see something on sale which costs much more... Switch and bait...

While you may have gotten a great value with the deal, you are out $1000... And way over your original budget...

Many complain about nickel and dime-ing, yet they fall hook, line, and sinker for switch and bait...

If there weren't so many upsells, NCL would be forced to give us more free upgrades...

I think the term is bait and switch...anyway...hey, they are going to have the cruise of a lifetime in a cabin that may otherwise not been an option without the deep discounting. Just look...already they are more excited...yes, they were excited about taking the cruise already, but this has enhanced it and they've yet to go anywhere. You can't put a price on that.

Yes, they are paying more, but can obviously afford it. So for $1,000 more, they are getting more than twice the space, a luxurious bathroom area, a balcony, a butler, much better breakfast/lunch options, and VIP services...no question that the cruise experience and memories gained as a result of the upgrade will far exceed a $1,000.

If I were at the Toyota dealer and they said "for only $1,000 more, you can have a Lexus"...a cabin is standard...a suite is not.

Archived