Has NCL lost its mind?

Lulley766

NCL announced that it will have a new program on board the Epic where passengers can rent Gibson guitars for $10 a day.....

That said, I just hope I don't get a cabin or balcony near someone that wants to rock out.

In what world is this a good idea?

NCL announced that it will have a new program on board the Epic where passengers can rent Gibson guitars for $10 a day.....

That said, I just hope I don't get a cabin or balcony near someone that wants to rock out.

Where did you read this?

OK... tell me why this is a bad idea?

It comes with headphones... why is this a problem to you? What do you have against a guitar?

Being a musician myself... I see nothing wrong with this, especially since it comes with headphones - meaning the likelihood is that the impact to another passenger is nil :) Certainly less of an issue on a balcony than other things that are allowed there...

I am sure there will be controlled area to play the guitars. If not, I agree, what a nutty idea. Again, I am sure there is more to it than that. They are not going to allow people to play the guitar in their cabins.

Nita

I am sure there will be controlled area to play the guitars. If not, I agree, what a nutty idea. Again, I am sure there is more to it than that. They are not going to allow people to play the guitar in their cabins.

Nita

*Headphones*

Nita

HEADPHONES Nita... headphones....

Just be glad they're not banjos. My husband wants to bring one everytime we go on vacation. Last cruise I told him if he brought his banjo, it would be fishfood.

No worries on noise...the amp they're giving out has headphones!

I was about to demand equal consideration for we classical reggae Steam Kalliope virtuosi, but since wearing the concomitant headphones would be tantamount to having my head stuck in a pressure cooker, I'll just pack a kazoo instead.

InThe

I do have to say this is one of the most interesting ideas I have heard NCL try.

Oh, you want strings on that guitar? Extra money for the sheep guts.

"Now, divine air! Now is his soul ravished. Is it not strange that sheeps' guts should hale souls out of men’s bodies? Well, a horn for my money, when all’s done." -- William Shakespeare

HEADPHONES Nita... headphones....

Sorry, but I have heard headphones turned up so loud you can hear it. And the deafer they get the louder they crank it up. It's all good/okay for now; I never wanted to cruise the Epic anyway.

You can slightly hear turned up headphones when music is playing, like from an ipod. But my husband has an electric piano with headphones. We can be in our small home office and he is playing the piano and I dont hear a thing....

I think it is a good idea, something fun to do on a cruise, inexpensive. I bet quite a few people may rent one. Good for NCL for trying something new.

Archived