Caribbean Princess - Emerald Deck - Room E118

Kasupe

Does anyone have any information on this room. We were told we were obstructed from obstructed view to this room. It looks like there is a outer deck outside the room. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Does anyone have any information on this room. We were told we were obstructed from obstructed view to this room. It looks like there is a outer deck outside the room. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

The deck outside your window is the upper Promanade deck. The window is set back from the stairs so you won't have much if any foot traffic.

These are great cabins as you just walk forward a few cabins in your hallway and there is a door to the outside deck. The windows are tinted so during the day people cannot see in. However at night if you have a light on in your cabin and the drapes are open people can see in.

The outside stairs from the lower Promanade deck are usually closed from sunset to sunrise but you can still access that outside area from the doors forward on Emaerald deck that I mentioned. Its pitch black at night and a great place to stargaze. :)

Thanks

In 2006 we were in room E115 on the other side of the ship. If I remember correctly the view was pretty much unobstructed. There was some type of boat but it really wasn't blocking much. All we saw was the bottom of it. The deck you are referring to is the Promenade deck. We did see people walking past our window but because of a special one way glass they can't see in. I even went outside and pressed my face against the glass to see if I could see inside but I couldn't. You will hear the anchor drop in the morning when you dock. We did not hear noise from the Princess theater which is below. I don't remember much motion but we were sailing in the Caribbean and are sound sleepers so we are not disturbed by the rocking.

In 2006 we were in room E115 on the other side of the ship. If I remember correctly the view was pretty much unobstructed. There was some type of boat but it really wasn't blocking much. All we saw was the bottom of it. The deck you are referring to is the Promenade deck. We did see people walking past our window but because of a special one way glass they can't see in. I even went outside and pressed my face against the glass to see if I could see inside but I couldn't. You will hear the anchor drop in the morning when you dock. We did not hear noise from the Princess theater which is below. I don't remember much motion but we were sailing in the Caribbean and are sound sleepers so we are not disturbed by the rocking.

Did it do much damage to the dock?

Sorry could not resist. :D

From my thread:

I found a nice video of the whole promenade deck along with the emerald deck:

That should give you an idea on how it looks from the outside. After talking it over with the wife we are changing our cabin from E119 to another type of cabin. IMHO, I wouldn't consider that ocean view. Granted I could just walk a few feet and see more from the outside, but my belief is if I pay for a outside cabin I should get an outside (see the ocean/land from the stateroom with nothing in the way).

From my thread:

That should give you an idea on how it looks from the outside. After talking it over with the wife we are changing our cabin from E119 to another type of cabin. IMHO, I wouldn't consider that ocean view. Granted I could just walk a few feet and see more from the outside, but my belief is if I pay for a outside cabin I should get an outside (see the ocean/land from the stateroom with nothing in the way).

Thanks for this great video. Alot of fun to watch, especially with the music. I think I am happy with this room. Looks like we will be able to sit outside our room- if there are chairs close by.

Thanks for this great video. Alot of fun to watch, especially with the music. I think I am happy with this room. Looks like we will be able to sit outside our room- if there are chairs close by.

There are no chairs on the upper Promanade deck

• 7 years later...

Thanks

It has a promenade deck, so people will be walking past your room.

Thanks

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-101--119

This link has actually photo views taken each from the cabin

Hope this helps.

It has a promenade deck, so people will be walking past your room.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-101--119

This link has actually photo views taken each from the cabin

Hope this helps.

Safe to say the OP has already sailed. You are answering their question from eight years ago.