~Are there many teens around Aug.going on cruises.......Why do you ask..?

mom2351man

The western part of the U.S. tend to go back to school later (around Labor Day). Some cruiselines (don't want to mention the names) do have drunken adults and children running wild throughout the ship with no supervision. It is a sad situation. If I were cruising with an 8 year old, I would only choose Disney and maybe Princess. HAL doesn't cater to children too much, but, they can have a good experience. Of course, luxury cruise lines have wonderful programs for children and do their best to insure that there is supervision. If you are with your 8 year old all the time, you can direct him away from behavior that you find objectionable. Unfortunately, this could include the pool (except in early hours of the morning).

Hope you are able to have a great cruise with you son.

As a youth ministry director and mother of a 14y/o dd, I can tell you that I'd be more worried about my 8y/o son seeing women in thongs and drunken 20-somethings more than I would teenagers with mp3 players tied to their ears. I don't think we give our teens enough credit. But, I'll be testing those waters for our first cruise this November. We'll be taking our dd.

As a "20-something" (27) I appreciate you thinking that we are worse when we are drunk than someone who is older.......

drunk is drunk....

Archived