your own alcohol?

porrah

Wow! A big thank you to HAL, compared to Celebrity. We just paid $80.00 for 1 liter of alcohol + a 6-pack of mixer (they did add a nut assortment they we didn't want or order). I was flamed mightily on the Celebrity board for suggesting the price was extortionate. HAL's prices are positively sane, and we will happily pre-order our in stateroom beverages.

glad you think so too. I find them fair, so why smuggle especially when they are kind enough to let you bring lots of other goodies on board. At the risk of being flamed by Celebrity fans (hope none are reading) I agree with you on the cost you paid - that is ridiculous. No problem making money, just don't rob us blind. Have a great cruise

You can bring all the wine on board you want. If you choose to drink it in your stateroom, there is no charge, it is yours (hope you booked a verandah).

Only if you want to take it to the dining room do you face the corkage fee.

So, you definitely have it right.

with the $18 corkage fee, you are nearly better off to buy one of Hal's wine packages (or a wine card) - whichever you prefer. Hal's house wines which come with the wine card are quite decent. We normally order a wine package for dinner, just have a bit (they will save the bottle for the next day for you) so it doesn't cost that much when you average it out over the cruise.

your choice of course, just some avenues for you to explore. You can order any of them on line - just choose delivery at either dining room or at sea so that you don't pay tax.

Jacqui

Notice that I also said in post #21 that you will pay the corkage fee as well in the lounges. It is not limited to just the dining room.

Notice that I also said in post #21 that you will pay the corkage fee as well in the lounges. It is not limited to just the dining room.

correct, I did say to drink in your stateroom. To clarify for the op, any wine you bring on board is free of charge, provided you drink it in your stateroom. Taking it anywhere else will incur a corkage fee.

Most of us tend to drink it in our staterooms, on our verandahs, etc.

that was why I suggested either the wine card or the wine package for the public places. my mistake saying for dining (our main place to use it).

sorry.

Archived