Difference between D and E Cabins

Have got quite confused as to what the difference is between these balcony cabins , We are booked in a D2 balcony in september on Freedom , TA said D2's are bigger cabins but on looking on the site it doesnt seem that way although it seems that D's are bigger than E's .:confused:

Is there any difference between a D1 and a D2 ?

The other difference between D1 and D2 is that D2's sleep only 2. Many D1's have a 3rd or 34th berth or are connecting staterooms.

There are D2's that sleep 3.

The main difference is location, and on most ships, D2s are not connecting and only sleep 2.

Oasis Class does have several D2s that are either connecting or have sleeper sofas. I know this also applies on Enchantment.

The main difference is location, and on most ships, D2s are not connecting and only sleep 2.

Oasis Class does have several D2s that are either connecting or have sleeper sofas. I know this also applies on Enchantment.

Do the D2's have the long 3 seater sofas ?

OK, folks here seem to know their D's from their E's so I ask this question. Just booked an E cabin on the FOS on deck 8 where the round part of ship comes out. I am sure I am not saying that right but hoping one of you will know what I mean. I think I have heard these called the hump area but could be wrong. Can anyone tell about this area of the ship? Thanks in advance.

There is something rather unique about the Freedom class of ships. When looking at D and E cabins, the baclony size on cat E cabins is about 32 sq ft larger than the cat D cabins (74 vs 42). Granted, the cat D room is larger than a cat E (214 vs 177) but we opted for the larger balcony! And, at a cheaper price!!

We took cabin 8638 on Freedom and loved it. And it's a cat E2 to boot!

We also are rather fond of the corner aft cabins, which are also cat E cabins with HUGE balconies.

Don't shy away from all cat E cabins, there are some real surprises out there!

While the D cabin is only a few feet longer, the full sofa in place of the loveseat makes the entire cabin feel significantly bigger to me. I love D cabins, and avoid E cabins whenever I can.

I agree on this. The D does seem quite a bit bigger when you compare them. It is noticeable

There is something rather unique about the Freedom class of ships. When looking at D and E cabins, the baclony size on cat E cabins is about 32 sq ft larger than the cat D cabins (74 vs 42). Granted, the cat D room is larger than a cat E (214 vs 177) but we opted for the larger balcony! And, at a cheaper price!!

Are you in an aft E cabin? I'm trying to figure out what you are referring to because E balconies are not usually bigger than D balconies.

Paul, If you check the room specs for the Freedom class, E baclonies are larger than D balconies. It appears they simply used some of the room space for the balcony on cat E rooms. Or , maybe it would be better to say they used some of the baclony space to increase the size of the D cabins. ;)

And, I agree -- Cat E baclonies are USUALLY not larger than cat D. That's what makes the Freedom class rather unique.

Paul, If you check the room specs for the Freedom class, E baclonies are larger than D balconies. It appears they simply used some of the room space for the balcony on cat E rooms. Or , maybe it would be better to say they used some of the baclony space to increase the size of the D cabins. ;)

And, I agree -- Cat E baclonies are USUALLY not larger than cat D. That's what makes the Freedom class rather unique.

Gotcha. See, you learn something new every day. Thanks! :)

Archived