Early saver Cruise credit before final payment

blyle

Does anyone know if the cruise credit for a cancelled early saver rate before final payment , is given to the one who paid for the cruise or the name in the cabin? My parents are elderly and we would need to get that credit to use in case they could not go.

Usually it goes to the person whose name is on the booking..but there have been some exceptions where a supervisor can override it and it went to the person who paid (the cases I read where it was a parent who paid for a minor child)

The cancelled deposit less the $50 per person is only applicable to the name on the booking, regardless of who makes the payment. The names aren't transferable at all, and the cancelled passengers will have 2 years to use that credit.

Thanks. I will call again to get clarification.

What is there to clarify ...the person whose name is on the booking gets the credit is the way it is set up. That is the rule

There have been exceptions that people reported on here where the person who paid got it ...but that is not what it says, just a supvervisor who overrode the system to work it that way. ...someone got lucky.

Actually there is a form you can request to have the credit transferred to the person whose credit card was used to pay for it. It has to be filled out and notarized and sent back to Carnival. Basically you will state that you did not receive any monies from the person you paid for and that it is your credit card.

Actually there is a form you can request to have the credit transferred to the person whose credit card was used to pay for it. It has to be filled out and notarized and sent back to Carnival. Basically you will state that you did not receive any monies from the person you paid for and that it is your credit card.

wow, first time Iv heard this ... I know at least one person who got the credit for their child and never said they did this ..wonder if this is new?

That is what PVP said. He mentioned there were changes because no one wanted to eat the $200 which started out being lost if you cancelled. If I might say so , if I pay for the cruise then I should get the monies! I will call again to get the final answer and have them email it to me.

Archived