Rhine and Mosel GCT

brownblonde

I have been on on GCT's Rhine & Mosel trip twice and cannot wait to do it again. My favorite stops were Strasbourg, Cochem, Bernkastel and Trier. You must be on the sun deck when the ship cruises the Mosel and Rhine Gorge. It is not the same if you stay in the lounge or your cabin. As for optionals..I would sign up for Luxembourg, Marksburg Castle and Baden-Baden.

roger

I have been on on GCT's Rhine & Mosel trip twice and cannot wait to do it again. My favorite stops were Strasbourg, Cochem, Bernkastel and Trier. You must be on the sun deck when the ship cruises the Mosel and Rhine Gorge. It is not the same if you stay in the lounge or your cabin. As for optionals..I would sign up for Luxembourg, Marksburg Castle and Baden-Baden.

roger

Are you going again on this date. Wrote down your info, as for Bernkastel we have been there and glad to get a chance to return different time of year. We stayed in a Hotel across from the entrance at Trier, so I guess we will just walk around according to the time limit there.

Eleanor

We're leaving Antwerp on 27 August, arriving Basel on 10 September. I'm planning to rent a car at Basel for 3 days before leaving from Geneva on 13 September. I've made reservations at B&Bs for 3 nights along the way. We have room for another couple, if someone would like to come along and share the rental car costs.

Just interested in talking to anyone booked on this trip July 12-27 2010.

Any ideas for tours that are not included with GCT at some of the stops.

Has anyone been before and will list any info.

We did the Rhine & Mosel with GCT last Sept. Skip the Delta Works tour (unless you happen to be an engineer, in which case you probably would think it is interesting). Marksburg Castle was great. Baden Baden was a beautiful town, but we felt that we didn't have nearly enough time there after the bus ride. If you are doing the extension in Lucerne, Switzerland, the Kleine Scheidegg optional trip was fabulous. Enjoy your trip!

Browneblonde:

We went on this trip in March. We did not go to Delta Works because we had been there before and we both enjoyed it tremedously. Chose not to go back to Marksburg either, but did go to Augustsburg which we liked very much.

Went to Baden Baden. The bus ride was very scenic. We easily could have spent several hours there and we only had about 45 minutes free time after our giuided tour.

IF you take ALL the optional tours it will add an additiona $575 per person to your bill.

Is there anything special you want to know?

Sharon

Hi,

Nancy and Tom will be on the Basel to Antwerp trip on July 12-23. Hope to see you and do some touring and cruising together! Only previous GCT cruise was in China; hope the wine is better this time!

Hi,

Nancy and Tom will be on the Basel to Antwerp trip on July 12-23. Hope to see you and do some touring and cruising together! Only previous GCT cruise was in China; hope the wine is better this time!

Sorry we won't meet unless stopped at the same ports. We are from Antwerp to Bassel. July 12-27

Hi BrownBlonde,

We will meet. My hubby wrote the info wrong. We will be on the Antwerp to Basel trip from July 12 to July 27. We fly out of Boston to Paris on Air France and then on to Basel on YS regional. We have been on 5 GCT trips but never on the river boats. Have enjoyed them all. Looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

Nancy

Hi again,

I was wrong we are going the other way. I should pay attention to where the plane is taking me instead of the ad for the trip.

I take it we are going the same dates but different boats and we will pass in the nite. You are starting where we end up.

We fly from Phila. to Paris onto Brussels.

I like Nancy it is our daughters name.

I take it we are going the same dates but different boats and we will pass in the nite. You are starting where we end up.

We fly from Phila. to Paris onto Brussels.

I like Nancy it is our daughters name.

Hi Nancy, Well i think we are together on this trip. I had printed out the itinerary to have available for looking up points of interest each day and now after the Docs came everything says Bassel to Antwerp. DH says you better check and sure enough first set of papers says the correct thing. I now see the itinerary I printed out is for 2011. What a mess now to get the mind set on the reverse stops and days of the trip.

So we probably will be on the same flight out of Paris.

More later on that.

Eleanor

Hi Nancy, Well i think we are together on this trip. I had printed out the itinerary to have available for looking up points of interest each day and now after the Docs came everything says Bassel to Antwerp. DH says you better check and sure enough first set of papers says the correct thing. I now see the itinerary I printed out is for 2011. What a mess now to get the mind set on the reverse stops and days of the trip.

So we probably will be on the same flight out of Paris.

More later on that.

Eleanor

Hi again,

I was wrong we are going the other way. I should pay attention to where the plane is taking me instead of the ad for the trip.

Just as an interested observer . . . neither of you are navigating are you? ;)

Archived