Kind Words for Air Candada Flight Attendants

Palmetto Lady

We flew Air Canada from Flight 3, 7 April LAX to Tokyo changing in Tokyo the ANA to Hong Kong. After our TA made out reservations for the flight, I read some negative remarks about service on Air Canada. We flew in the Business Class cabin. The flight attendants could not have been nicer or more attentive. I enjoyed the pod configuration, but my husband who his board shoulders found the pods a bit cramped.

My only complaint was the agent at the check-in desk at LAX. She informed us that even tho our luggage was checked all the way through to Hong Kong, we would have to pick it up in Tokyo, and then go through immigation, customs and then get our boarding pass for our Tokyo-Hong Kong segment. We did NOT have to pick up our luggage, and the immigation, security and obtaining our board pass was, as a cruise critic poster commented "easy-peasy". I was stressed out over the luggage issue for no reason.

People here seem to love to knock AC, I have flown to Europe 3 times with them over the last 10 months and every flight was great, The flights were smooth, on time and the FA were so pleasant and grave great service. I'm sticking with them now as I feel they have earned my loyalty despite being a big BA fan.

Terry

Hi - just noticed you are from Whitby Ont. I am from Oshawa and will be flying to Rome in the summer. I am just wondering if you were travelling in Elite Class on your flights.If so, how were the "pods". Was the Elite Class of service worth the extra money?

Thank you in advance for your anticipated response.

People here seem to love to knock AC

Read on here enough and every airline gets knocked.

Was the Elite Class of service worth the extra money?

Surely a personal decision based on your own finances and valuation of the benefits of the respective classes.

If everyone thought it was worth it then economy class wouldn't exist.

Hi - just noticed you are from Whitby Ont. I am from Oshawa and will be flying to Rome in the summer. I am just wondering if you were travelling in Elite Class on your flights.If so, how were the "pods". Was the Elite Class of service worth the extra money?

Thank you in advance for your anticipated response.

no couldn't afford it, I'm saving all my points to upgrade to Australia!!! had great flights to Barcelona and returning from Venice in Sept for our Med cruise, yes even in econo. I fly to visit over'ome to the UK at least twice a year and have started to give AC my business as the last 8-10 flights i have been on were excellent. And we live one street over from the Shwa!!!

Terry

Thanks for your response. Relating to the pods, this may be the first and last since the Elite Class is so expensive. I am treating my 21 year old grandson (it's as surprise!) traveling in a pod only one way though. This vacation will be the trip of a lifetime for him since he has never been to Europe. I have been several times to various areas of Europe.

The return flight is econo so guess we will just have to "suffer".

lucky grandson, we took out kids on a European cruise when they were 22 and 16, they loved it, a trip of a lifetime even though they were with us!!! We have promised them another one when our daughter graduates in 2 years.

Enjoy the pods, I am definitely only flying that way to Oz in 2 years

Terry

I read some negative remarks about service on Air Canada. We flew in the Business Class cabin. The flight attendants could not have been nicer or more attentive. I enjoyed the pod configuration, but my husband who his board shoulders found the pods a bit cramped.

For our April South American cruise, we flew AC and while I have to agree with you regarding the business class experience, I do need to let you know that it is completely different in the back of the bus! We snagged Biz Award seats outbound but never were able to get them for the return. I was prepared for the comfort level to be much less but I was surprised by the difference in attitude of the economy class attendents. Of the four with whom we interacted, only one was the least bit friendly. The real kicker was when they were doling out the meal. I swear she literally said "Chicken or Beef" Whereas I think it would have been a little better to have said "Would you like Chicken CURRY or Stewed beef, perhaps all Canadians like curry but my southern fried DDP doesn't so luckily we had split our order so we could just trade. Anyway, having flown on several airlines product, I know that the day of the week, the hour of the day and just the luck of the draw can affect one's experience but I sure won't be recommending AC's international economy to anyone.

Regarding the pods, I too am a big guy - Six Seven/315lbs and while the shoulder width didn't bother me, it did take a while for me to figure out that I was much more comfortable with the bed not completely flat. I was too tall to sleep on my back - not enough length on the pod and when I tried on my side with my knees bent, my size 16 feet were too long to fit in the rather tight curve of the stool. I finally discovered that by lowering the leg part of the seat, my behemouth feet could fit down below the curved stool and then I slept just fine. Other than that and the difficulty in communicating with DDP across the barrier, we both loved the pods.

Pods are nice. I was in one on the return flight from Rome, and they are certainly a step up from Economy in the back, I'll tell ya! :D The option to fold your seat down completely flat is especially nice (and I can see it being even nicer if you're flying at night!). The food's pretty good, great service, comfortable. It's really private, too. I can honestly say that, when I was the pod, I was actually able to enjoy the flight, and I probably could have flown a few more hours without complaint.

Moral of the story: if you can afford to go in the pod; do! You will be much more rested, and your flight will be much more enjoyable. :)

Archived