Help! Problems with Our Paperwork

Atona

Our TA sent us our final paperwork, I went online to register, and lo and behold my MIL's and my Birthday's are backwards. Online it said that our booking was on hold till I called the TA or Carnival. So I called our TA and she said that there might be a penalty since we have already paid the final payment.

This paperwork is the first that we have ever seen with our birthdays on it. My question is this :

will we really need to pay a penalty since we are still over 90 days out?

Has anyone had anything similiar happen to them?

If my TA said there "might" be something I would say why speculate why not just call them to find out if they can correct this. So, I would call your TA back to say this needs to be corrected and ask them to call Carnival.

Keith

If you provided your TA with the correct info and they transmitted it incorrectly, any cost is their's to bear. How did your TA get the info when she made your booking? Did you give it to her by telephone, fax, e-mail...... If she transposed the dates, it is her problem to fix and pay any penalty. If in writing, do you have a copy?

It must be fixed or you could have a hassle.

Last year that happened to me-- they had me down as a "Mr" (which did not match my passport...or anything else haha) and my son's birthdate wrong making him older (and therefore at a higher rate)--- I called Carnival and my TA called-- it was fixed and no penalty to me.

On our last sign 'n sail card - last month- they had me as MR.XXX and my husband as

MRS. XXX before our actual names. That was like Mr. Mary and Mrs. Norman!I t only caused laughs when any crew member saw that!

TA called back yesterday, and said she could get it fixed without any problems. Logged on to carnival today to print luggage tags and it still says there is a hold on our booking. I will call carnival today and let them know what is going on. It may be something else.

As for how she got the info, we told her over the phone all our info. So I imagine it was just an honest mistake. But no penalties to pay. :)

Archived