Eurodam Deck 5 (Verandah Deck)

elycelynne

I'm curious as to why the category VF cabins are more centrally located than the VE cabins, and why both are more centrally located than the VC cabins. I was always under the impression that the more central the location, the higher the price. Do the lifeboats on Deck 4 directly below the VF and VE cabins somehow obstruct the view from those balconies, or is there some other reason?

I'm curious as to why the category VF cabins are more centrally located than the VE cabins,
:confused::confused: The VEs are more central.

Do the lifeboats on Deck 4 directly below the VF and VE cabins somehow obstruct the view from those balconies, or is there some other reason?

Not much ... only if you're trying to look straight down. The "other reason" for the VEs and deck 5 VFs being cheaper than VCs (etc) is that the balcony is only 4.5 ft deep instead of 6 ft. The deck 4 VFs are cheaper because they have the steel-wall railings.

The following applies to the Signature Class (my perceptions at least) for the categories:

VH - Lowest. Furthest forward. Solid steel railings. Shower only.

VF - Slightly less forward than VH, otherwise basically the same descriptions as VH. The VF's on Deck 5 have plexiglas but a little shallower balcony.

VT - Viewing balcony. Spa amenities. Clear plexiglas. There's a compromise here in the spa amenities vs. size of balcony. As people have different preferences, they will find value in one of these choices vs. the other.

VE - Midship deck 5 with a shallower balcony. Some of you have mentioned obstructed, but keep in mind that our definition of obstructed can be described like this "When you stand outside and look out at an angle perpendicular to the ship, nothing will be in the way. If you look down, up, to the sides, etc that is not obstructed"

VD - Back on deck 4. Balconies are the more standard size seen everywhere but midship deck 5

VC - Up a deck from VD. On deck 5.

VB - Up a deck on deck 6.

VA - Up a deck on deck 7.

V - Up a deck on deck 8.

VQ - Spa amenities, located on decks 10 and (on Nieuw Amsterdam) 11.

Archived