Emerald cabins A-747 or R-747

bambam26

Anybody ever stay in either of these cabins? How close is R-747 to the rear pool? Is it worth being so close and is there easy access or is A -747 just as good? Any pics would be awesome also........Thanks:cool:

Anybody ever stay in either of these cabins? How close is R-747 to the rear pool? Is it worth being so close and is there easy access or is A -747 just as good? Any pics would be awesome also........Thanks:cool:

R-747 would be right near rhe aft door to the pool area.

R747 would be a great cabin as the balcony is bigger. We had cabin R727 and loved the location, a few steps from the stairs to the aft pool.

Both balconies are the same size on this ship. They both have the forward facing angle, similar to (and the reverse of) this pic from the Caribbean Princess, except in this pic only the Aloaha deck cabin has the stuck out balcony. To get to the Terrace Pool from R747, you basically walk out your door and the terrace door will be right across from you. You'll go up half a dozen or so steps and be at the pool.

cruise041.jpg

If you look closely at this pic, you can see the cut-outs for the R and A deck balconies.

Emerald_Princess.jpg

Edited by DanJ

I stayed in R746 on the Crown. This is one of the aft OV cabins and it was right next to the door to the Terrace Pool. While this is a great location and very convenient, it can be very noisy because that door can slam very loudly at all times of the day. Sometimes it doesn't slam, but if people have their balcony doors open it causes some kind of a wind tunnel effect and the door slams HARD. I don't know if that cabin would feel the same thing, but my cabin wall shook on the Crown and I can't imagine the Emerald is much different. Personally, even though I loved the location I wouldn't stay there again.

I stayed in R746 on the Crown. This is one of the aft OV cabins and it was right next to the door to the Terrace Pool. While this is a great location and very convenient, it can be very noisy because that door can slam very loudly at all times of the day. Sometimes it doesn't slam, but if people have their balcony doors open it causes some kind of a wind tunnel effect and the door slams HARD. I don't know if that cabin would feel the same thing, but my cabin wall shook on the Crown and I can't imagine the Emerald is much different. Personally, even though I loved the location I wouldn't stay there again.

We had the same situation in A746 on Sapphire, regarding the slamming door. However, R747 on Emerald is a side of the ship cabin, and the Terrace door is across the hall, not in the same wall as the cabin wall. They might hear the slam, but won't feel it like our cabins did.

We had the same situation in A746 on Sapphire, regarding the slamming door. However, R747 on Emerald is a side of the ship cabin, and the Terrace door is across the hall, not in the same wall as the cabin wall. They might hear the slam, but won't feel it like our cabins did.

You are correct....it is across the way, but the people next to me in R748 said it drove them crazy too, and they were a whole cabin away. It was very, very loud on the Crown. It wasn't horrible for me because I don't sleep in and most people don't use the door at night, but for people who want to nap in the afternoon or sleep late it could be really annoying.

Edited by KruzPrincess

Believe me that wall shakes too.

I've stayed in A747 before, personally I like the cabin, slightly larger balcony, side and forward facing balcony and very convenient to the aft areas of the ship. Only downside some might not like is the balcony area is enclosed and a little dark.

IMG_0484.jpg.ab0b06e8a259c4a1b8a2827244ee95d1.jpg

• 8 years later...
I've stayed in A747 before, personally I like the cabin, slightly larger balcony, side and forward facing balcony and very convenient to the aft areas of the ship. Only downside some might not like is the balcony area is enclosed and a little dark.

Do you have any more pictures of A747? We have that cabin for a 15-day cruise to Hawaii in December 2018.