Space-saving, multi-use packing tips

NHsnowpup

We are on a 14 day tour/cruise w HAL... never thought of just carry-on. Why not check a bag?

Because the airlines charge you for them and if you've got a 2nd check-in, you'll pay even more.

But I could never do a 7-night cruise without sharing a check-in with my husband. I can't imagine doing a 14-night without one!!

Pray tell, how long did they last?? :D Maybe, we'd better leave those details out.

We didn't wear them long enough to find out. Just the sight of them was too much for us to handle. :D:D

NHsnowpup~~~I teach Career Exploration at a Tech School in the Special School District. I teach the Human Services cluster. I teach Early Childhood Development, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Fashion Design & Veterinary Assistant. I "teach" all of those areas in 16-18 days and then I get a new class. The students rotate thru all 5 clusters in one semester. I usually have anywhere from 6 to 22 students and usually more than 1/2 of them are "special". Now you know why I need a trip to Alaska!!!

We are on a 14 day tour/cruise w HAL... never thought of just carry-on. Why not check a bag?

We fly Southwest, so it is not really the charges for us. It is just a thing with DH; best I can guess is the uncertainty of maybe they'll get there, maybe they'll not, and the wait for them to show up, tracking them down when they are lost, finding things stolen from the bags, waiting for the delivery van, etc. We did check bags for our snowboarding vacation once to Colorado, but we had ALL of our gear as we were not renting(odd sizes not usually available) He was like an expectant father as we waited for all the bags to come around the belt and the separate equipment delivery area. We got messed over a few times in the past, as well as company that came to visit, so we have just adapted. Camping with a canoe trains you well. We may check going home when time is on our side, if the expandable feature of our bags gets used with the goodies we buy or there is stuff that won't pass TSA.

NHsnowpup~~~ I usually have anywhere from 6 to 22 students and usually more than 1/2 of them are "special". Now you know why I need a trip to Alaska!!!

Cosmetology and Vet Assistant, what a range:)

Hopefully you don't have the meetings and paperwork that come with that many students with needs? The schedule doesn't seem to allow you a chance to build relationships or get to know your students and really reach them. :( I would be very miserable. I always got to keep the kids on my caseload for the year (reading groups, math groups, classroom support) and sometimes "looped" up to the next grade level with them, both when I was in High School and Elem. Long distance sigh and big hugs to you.

Archived