booked cruise,now found lower

WASUP

I am used to doing my own cruise online bookings, my husband and I went into a TA and she was very nice and found us a price we liked, we just gave her half the cost of the cruise today. I went online tonight and foun dit for 90 dollars less on a web based site. I am not sure what steps I now take? I used this web site before and have found them to be really good, especially with upgrades.

What is the procedure for us to get the lower price..thanks so much

P.S. I later found one even lower so I sent that to my TA as well. It turned out to be a fly by night company. The TA wouldn't match that one because it wasn't a legitimate agency. My TA told me that he would match any legitimate lower cost offer, so I keep my eyes open.

I found a better deal for our cruise, & our TA called Celebrity to see if they would work with her to match that rate. She was told that some of the internet companies had bought blocks of rooms, prior to their policy of not allowing anyone to reduce their rates lower than rates they offer on their site. They wouldn't work with her & said that once the internet companies sold out of the special rates, they would be no more. I'm not positive about any of this, because it is basically 2nd hand knowledge, & of course this is not verbatim, but what I remember of the conversation. Anyway, since this is only our 2nd cruise & the other was a long time ago, we decided to go ahead with the rate we had & stay with the TA.

Last weekend I was checking out our cruise on Travelocity. I saw that our cruise and same category cabin was selling for a lesser price that what we had booked with our TA. We had not paid final yet. I contacted my TA, TA called Princess, and Princess honored the fare that Travelocity had posted. I lucked out this time. This is the second time I have been able to refare. First was with Sitmar many years ago, and now Princess. Don't know if some lines are better than other as far as refares go. Perhaps someone can shead some light on this comment.

It was Travelocity that I saw the lower fare, but Celebrity wouldn't match it. After reading the Travelocity warning on the Celebrity board, I can understand why. Travelocity may do the same thing with cruises as they do with flights. Lucky you, for hitting it at the right time. :)

I just canceled and rebooked about a month ago, but I am not attached to any cabin etc. If you are you have fewer options. For me I only need a valid ticket and nothing else from any booking agent, if you need more then you may be locked into dealing with your agent?

My travel agent has always been cheaper than Travelocity, this time around $200 per person less. Last year when fares went way down on the Spirit to Alaska, he re-booked us at the cheaper rate (saving us around $500) and still was about $15 per person less than Travelocity.

I can cancel the TA booking? I paif her 700 dollars yesterday.....So I need to deal with her first, try to get the lower fare? Does she have to return the 700 when I tellher to cancel the cruise?

I am not sure of the frst step?

Thanks

Yes the $700 should be fully refundable, there may be an agency cancelation fee?? Can be in the range of $25-50, so clairfy that first? I would book the deal now, having a double booking, sometimes they will hold for 24 hours then cancel. AGAIN verify the cancelation POLICY before you do anything. :)

My travel agent has always been cheaper than Travelocity, this time around $200 per person less. Last year when fares went way down on the Spirit to Alaska, he re-booked us at the cheaper rate (saving us around $500) and still was about $15 per person less than Travelocity.

I am wary of postings who claim their agent ALWAYS gets the lowest pricing, simply not likely. :) and there are way more booking agents than travelocity. It pays to compare and compare several again. If you need "service" from an agent then it can be worthwhile keeping them, but some need only valid ticketing and price is the priority. :)

Archived