Embarkation Question

I tried to search because I know this has been asked before....however...

we are going on our 10th cruise and therefore have VIP embarkation......

our daughter, granddaughter will be with us (first time cruisers); can they board with us? I don't want to leave first time cruisers just standing there.

Your cards will be held in a different area than the others ... however if this is out of Galveston, Im willing to bet, you can all meet over in the VIP area and all board together once everyone has their cards.

I hear all the Crazies on the Ecstasy were all allowed to board together from the area. Its over by the windows, but you probably already know that.

For sure, anyone on your credit card, if your daughter is for example, she would be allowed to board with you...its not a clear cut policy and probably just depends on how crowded it is. I find Galveston easier than New Orleans... they have no waiting area set aside.

Yes, they can check in with you at the VIP counter! Not a problem since you are all sailing together.

Have a great time showing them the ropes!

Sometimes they do say no ...this isnt a general policy, unless everyone is in the same cabin or on the same credit card ...sometimes they say yes and sometimes they say no... there is no policy that is yes for sure you can, as you stated, it varies.

My kids also have gone with us and have not been able to board with us. I have heard people who say they have tried and not been able to do it. If they are in your cabin with you, then they can. Otherwise, it holds the line up for everyone.

if they're in the same room with you, sure. i think you can request one other room board VIP with you if you're traveling together. if i'm wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me. congrats on becoming VIP. it's been really nice since i became VIP. only cruised out of Jax and San Juan though.:)

will you be using your credit card to back up their sign & sail?

I think that's the key, or what I heard ...sounds like everyone heard something different ... so OP will go with the one she likes best? lol. .. but still be prepared when you get to the port, they might say no.

I dont know if it will work, but you can always tell them well Lambie said I could, if they try and tell you no. ... but generally out of Galveston, they seem to be pretty accomodating compared to other ports.

I think that's the key, or what I heard ...sounds like everyone heard something different ... so OP will go with the one she likes best? lol. .. but still be prepared when you get to the port, they might say no.

I dont know if it will work, but you can always tell them well Lambie said I could, if they try and tell you no. ... but generally out of Galveston, they seem to be pretty accomodating compared to other ports.

Fire, I like that......."but, but, Lambie said I could"

Fire, I like that......."but, but, Lambie said I could"

lol, that's what I thought...everyone knows Lambie...all the ships. hey if nothing else works, have Grandma limp a little and HC boards with VIP.

... and just to confuse you more, last time I got my VIP card in the regular line, because I left my hotel at 10 am and the VIP area hadnt yet set up. I got there too early.

They do have a separate cabin.....but my credit card paid the bill...LOL

As long as your Credit Card is securing their Sail and Signs card....you are fine!

Also...make sure your cabins are "linked" so that you are all dining at the same time...

have a GREAT cruise...

That is indeed the key....

We agree, as usual. Its the credit card PAYING for the S&S accounts, not the card used to pay for the cruise.

Its how you set it up on the Fun Pass section and if you clicked to be responsible for the other folks. ...but still not 100% guaranteed. As above where the person said he couldnt board VIP with his kids, have heard others say they too were told no.

If DD plans on using her cc to pay for her shipboard account, you can use your credit card to do her sign and sail (Fun Pass) and then switch once on board. That way, you will both be on the same cc to use the VIP boarding, but, by switching once on board, her charges will be on her cc.

Just saying...ya know.

Generally, all "minor" children (or young adult children not married) are allowed to board with the parents.

Lots of parents get a balcony for themselves and an interior across the hallway for the kids. Very common....not a problem... the VIP office in New Orleans usually has all the cards together in a rubber band.

However....it gets "tricky" with "kids"....if they are 30 years old or married etc.

So the one credit card for everyone's Sail and Sign (which is already filled out on the Fun Pass) let's them know at Check In that the parents are paying for everything....

They should let you all board together at the VIP counter. Just ask them and tell them that you are travelling as a group.

Don't try that in Miami....I have sat there many a time and watched them say "no". :eek:

I heard the ole 'but our TA said we would be able to"...and it was just for one other couple (the brother of the guy that was VIP)..... still nope.....

Archived