Nice cove beach near Mallorca?

Gator0178

Lots of good beaches all over Mallorca, but one good, small beach not too far from the port area is Illetes, to the west of the port (i.e. away from Palma town). You can get a city bus (which goes very close to the port area) to Illetes, or a taxi.

As a seasoned Mallorca tripper - there are lots of lovely beaches to go to - it depends what you want to see:

Can you give me your ages as it does make a difference

To the East, there is Palma Nova - place filled mostly with apartments and therefore lots of restaurants.

A city bus from just outside the port, on the opposite side of the road will get you there or before that there is a small beach where the aquarium is so you can do both.

Watch your pockets - they target the bus stops in the centre of Palma where the ship docks and crowd round you - our wallet went last summer.

Jan

Lots of good beaches all over Mallorca, but one good, small beach not too far from the port area is Illetes, to the west of the port (i.e. away from Palma town). You can get a city bus (which goes very close to the port area) to Illetes, or a taxi.

I saw that one. We may give it a try. The DW and I are 39 and 37 respectfully and are very young at heart. We like adventure and look forward to it.

As a seasoned Mallorca tripper - there are lots of lovely beaches to go to - it depends what you want to see:

Can you give me your ages as it does make a difference

To the East, there is Palma Nova - place filled mostly with apartments and therefore lots of restaurants.

A city bus from just outside the port, on the opposite side of the road will get you there or before that there is a small beach where the aquarium is so you can do both.

Watch your pockets - they target the bus stops in the centre of Palma where the ship docks and crowd round you - our wallet went last summer.

Jan

I'm beginning to think that all of Europe is just one big Pick-pocket!

I'm beginning to think that all of Europe is just one big Pick-pocket!

I think it's the same in big cities all over the world....but when you're cruising, you're obviously visiting massive ports, where there are crews from ships with different nationalities, as well as the "local" pickpockets. It was ever thus! Stories from history are full of the pickpockets and brigands. Just be cautious; don't take unnecessary money or cards; hide any documents, and keep a wary eye out. And don't expect it to be the man in the striped jumper and beret....it's more likely to be the pretty little girl thrusting a carnation in your face.

Jo.

I think it's the same in big cities all over the world....but when you're cruising, you're obviously visiting massive ports, where there are crews from ships with different nationalities, as well as the "local" pickpockets. It was ever thus! Stories from history are full of the pickpockets and brigands. Just be cautious; don't take unnecessary money or cards; hide any documents, and keep a wary eye out. And don't expect it to be the man in the striped jumper and beret....it's more likely to be the pretty little girl thrusting a carnation in your face.

Jo.

That's what I hear. I have a money belt inside my pants that should prevent any problems. I am also going to have a "decoy" wallet in my back pocket with a note saying "Got You! Ha HA!" I'm anxious to see if it gets taken.

Archived