First Night Dining Attire

martyap

We'll be on the Pride next Sunday and we have early seating. Am I correct that the first night in the MDR seating is not at your regular table? Can you arrive at any time for dinner the first night? What is the attire requested the first night.....are jeans OK:confused:

Thanks

If you have regular early seating, yes you will be expected to be there at 6 pm and be in your correct chair. Sometimes they let you in a few minutes early to have time to take people to their correct tables... but yes you will be at your regular chair, it for sure is not open seating in the dining room for dinner, unless you choose anytime dining.

Yes you can wear jeans.

We'll be on the Pride next Sunday and we have early seating. Am I correct that the first night in the MDR seating is not at your regular table? Can you arrive at any time for dinner the first night? What is the attire requested the first night.....are jeans OK:confused:

Thanks

Your table assignment will be as scheduled on the first, and every other, night. It will be noted on your Sail & Sign card.

You may wear casual attire to the first dinner because there is a chance that your luggage may still not be delivered by that time. We always take a change of clothes in our carry-on bag so that we can change for dinner.

Have a fantastic cruise!

:cool:Bill

Well, I'm late answering all your questions, so, to reiterate, you'll be seated in your regular chair, at your regular time, even the first night. The ship understands that you may not have your luggage yet, so anything goes the first night. (probably not a bathing suit, but jeans and casual shirt are certainly O.K.)

Have a GREAT cruise aboard "Pride".

"SKY"

First night's dress code is 'come as you are' casual. If the ship has set sail by dinner time, you will sit at your regular table/time. If the ship sets sail late (for example I was on the Victory and it set sail at 10pm) then is is open seating the first night since not everyone is on board by dinner time.

In the old days when ships were being used for transportation it was the custom that what ever you were wearing when you arrived on the ship was what you wore for dinner time. People wore dismal dark clothes in those days.

I saw an old movie where Doris Day got all dressed up for dinner on the first night in a beautiful long fancy dress. She was too late to be seated for dinner so she ended up at the bar eating peanuts and a drink.LOL. She met a guy at the bar and had fun anyway.

I am the type of person that likes to dress nice on the first night for dinner and one time a gal told me that the first night was not dressy night. I said,"yes, I know."LOL. LucyR.

Thanks....I only posted the question because one recent Pride reviewer mentioned that regular seating did not start until the second night:eek:. Did not seem correct so I thought I'd check and your responses are certainly more in line with all my cruise experiences.

Archived