Guaranteed Cabins?

Len3

We've done several guarantee bookings. Most of he time, we have had our cabin assignment about two weeks out, but a couple of times it has been only a few days before departure. Even then, we have received upgrades a couple of times at check-in. It is possible, however, not to receive a cabin assignment until check-in.

Hope you get your assignment soon and that you have a great cruise! :)

Usually before I go on a cruise in which I've booked a guarantee, I have a long weekend about two weeks before the cruise leaves where I won't have internet access for some reason, or the internet goes down, or I have to leave town. This causes an interruption in my daily ritual of checking when I awaken, checking at lunchtime, checking after work, and checking at bedtime to see if I've been assigned a cabin yet.

Historically, the guarantee cabins are assigned about 15 seconds after the last time I'm able to check, and about 72 hours before the next time I'm able to check.

Unfortunately, I won't be on this cruise for you, so I wouldn't be a very good predictor... but perhaps a look into your schedule for the next week or so will reveal an extended period you'll be without internet access. They will assign the rooms within about fifteen minutes of the beginning of this timeframe.

It seems that the peak of the assignments curve comes at about 10 or 11 days out. We've done seven guarantees and our assignments have ranged from 18 days out to 3 days, but most have come at 11 or 10 days.

We just got our assignment today, and we sail on July 3. We had booked a porthole guarantee cabin, and when I looked up our actual cabin number, I was surprised to find we'd been upgraded to a standard oceanview. No complaints here! :)

Booked a guarantee on Veendam sailing July 4th & received room # on June 10th - which is 23 days from sailing - so you never know! Received 2 category upgrade (from BC to B)

Archived