Carnival Drink Coupons will not get you a drink anymore

jdhw

Just back off the Elation great cruise but the drink coupons are not good for a drink anymore, so if you or someone else buys you some drink coupons be perpaired to have a least 58 cents added to you sail and sign card and up to a couple of dollars for each drink even beer, its a pain in the *** Either make a drink in a special glass so the coupon will cover it or go up on the price of the coupon.:mad:

This is old news; sorry to bust your bubble! I thought everyone knew this. I usually try to make friends with the bartenders, and I have had good luck getting a regular drink for a coupon. IMHO, I use the coupons to offset my S&S card balance. I buy the coupons now, that way I keep my S&S bill low as possible.

Just back off the Elation great cruise but the drink coupons are not good for a drink anymore, so if you or someone else buys you some drink coupons be perpaired to have a least 58 cents added to you sail and sign card and up to a couple of dollars for each drink even beer, its a pain in the *** Either make a drink in a special glass so the coupon will cover it or go up on the price of the coupon.:mad:

They never were 'the value of a drink'...they are only a cash value..........most of the time expect the wait person to charge for the balance when using a drink coupon

Got any Fun Times that you would like to post on here???

THANKS

Try a coupon and a nice tip ... give a dollar or two dollars (depends on what you order, Im a margarita drinker, not a fo fo drinker) with them to your favorite bartender, bet you get you drink without more on your S&S.

How does it make sense to give $1 or $2 to save $0.58? When it comes down to it, I'd rather have the $1 or $2 charged to my S&S card. AT least that way I get reward points for it.

What stinks about the coupons is that if you buy a drink that costs over $5.25, they charge you the difference...BUT, if you buy a drink that costs less (let's say $4.50) they do not CREDIT you the difference! I was looking at one of my old receipts last night and I had purchased 2 drinks at the same time - one for over the amount and I was charged $.58 and one for under the amount ($4.50) - but they did not credit me!! :mad:

I will NEVER, EVER purchase the drink coupons again! Now - if someone wants to give them to me, that's a different story, I'll gladly accept! :D

Ashley :)

p.s. I echo the others - review and Funtimes, Please! :D

What stinks about the coupons is that if you buy a drink that costs over $5.25, they charge you the difference...BUT, if you buy a drink that costs less (let's say $4.50) they do not CREDIT you the difference! I was looking at one of my old receipts last night and I had purchased 2 drinks at the same time - one for over the amount and I was charged $.58 and one for under the amount ($4.50) - but they did not credit me!! :mad:

I will NEVER, EVER purchase the drink coupons again! Now - if someone wants to give them to me, that's a different story, I'll gladly accept! :D

Ashley :)

Good observation, I have never bought the coupons and do not intend to. I was given a couple of sheets of them on my second Carnival cruise. At that time on the Fantasy they took them for everything that I ordered in the bars. I do know that most of the drinks were over the face value, but was charged nothing extra. Like everything else booze related Carnival seems to be cracking down on the use of the drink coupons as well. It is sad when the bottom line impacts customer service and satisfaction so much. But business is business and it is their party. It would be nice if Carnival had a drink package at a reasonable price to offer its passangers.

$5.25

Not accurate.

It's $5.25 value on the coupon, but when I used them last week on liberty they ALWAYS credited $5.75. I had read this somewhere else too a few months ago so think that is the new practice.

$5.75 still isn't enough though.

Not accurate.

It's $5.25 value on the coupon, but when I used them last week on liberty they ALWAYS credited $5.75. I had read this somewhere else too a few months ago so think that is the new practice.

Glad I'm not the only one who's seen the $5.75. I was beginning to think I was going crazy, I even double-checked my receipts in April to be sure! Definitely $5.75.

Not accurate.

ok i'm wrong it's 5.75...............but still it is only a cash value

i expected it when i purchased the drink coupons for our cruise last june. By see'ing the menu prices i knew that my drink was over the 5.25. and the balance to be added to my s&s card.

to me, this is a cost effective way to prepay for as much of my vacation. which is what i like to do. keeps a lower s&s balance.

So how would drink coupons work with buckets of beer? I was planning on buying a bunch of coupons for my BF for his birthday. TYIA.

you give them more coupons. ie: my friend drinks coors light and had a shot of jack daniels at dinner. i gave them 2 coupons and the balance of about 25cents went on her s&s card. :)

Archived