Magic is going to................

Legend

Without revealing anything specific......I can say, even though you put a lot of thought in this Tally.....it's not correct ;)

Well actually Allen......Carnival will probably announce it and someone post it while I'm ofline...lol...cause you KNOW as soon as they announce it, 2 seconds later it will be a post....lol

And, besides, isn't tonight Jamie Garner night? :D:D:D

Carnival is milking this for all it is worth. Seriously what better way to get free publicity AND get the cruise addicts (not me :D) worked up enough to book fast and pay premium prices when they do open up bookings.

Book fast?? --> Yes

Premuim Prices? ---> Early Saver Baby!!

:D

All this speculation from 100 experts with 100 different opinions is making by head hurt. :D I think I'll just take about 4 Ibuprofen and wait until Randy tells me what is really going to happen. :)

The cruise dates for these ships are NOT speculation. They are already posted on Carnival's web site.

The itineraries ARE still speculation as they are not posted yet but you can use the posted dates to see what ships will be moving from their current home ports as they have to disrupt their schedule to do this.

Ships with no disruption in their schedules will not be moved. Conquest has no disruption in it's schedule.

A disparity in a ship's normal 7 day cruises indicates a day of moving to another port.

Using LOGIC you can see that Ecstasy will come out of drydock on September 22, 2011 to replace Triumph while it is in drydock between September 24 and October 6, 2011. September is the best time for Gulf Coast ships to enter drydock because it is hurricane season and prices are very low.

They would if they were replacing Conquest after already having taken bookings. Since that hasn't happened, no they won't do that.

As much as I doubted they would put Magic in Galveston, I doubt even more they'd put her in New Orleans, FWIW.

Um...why? If she doesn't go to GALV (which I think she will), she'll prob go to NOLA. The growth of BOTH of those ports, taking all lines into consideration, has been outstanding. If you recall they put the Conquest in NOLA right from the start when she was the largest ship in the fleet, so moving an all new, large ship to NOLA is not unprecedented.

The cruise dates for these ships are NOT speculation. They are already posted on Carnival's web site.

The itineraries ARE still speculation as they are not posted yet but you can use the posted dates to see what ships will be moving from their current home ports as they have to disrupt their schedule to do this.

Ships with no disruption in their schedules will not be moved. Conquest has no disruption in it's schedule.

A disparity in a ship's normal 7 day cruises indicates a day of moving to another port.

Using LOGIC you can see that Ecstasy will come out of drydock on September 22, 2011 to replace Triumph while it is in drydock between September 24 and October 6, 2011. September is the best time for Gulf Coast ships to enter drydock because it is hurricane season and prices are very low.

I don't believe I mentioned you specifically as one of the speculators. :rolleyes: And weren't you told just a few posts ago that your surmises were incorrect? Lighten up.

LOGIC would dictate that, based upon the a priori announcements, withdrawn announcements, opinions stated as facts, possible facts stated as opinions and general chaos attached to this issue, things can change on a minute-to-minute basis and LOGIC would imply that the first people to know will be those are already aware but restrained from making announcements before Carnival's official proclamation.

But, hey, what's LOGIC (which you were the one to capitalize and shout) got to do with it? :D

You just made my headache worse. :D:eek:

Just putting this out htere.

Carnival (and other cruise lines) Have changed/cancled sailings before. (which ship was it that just got moved out of a port in Ca?)

They offered booking credit/OBC for the cruises effected.

It Does happen.

Booked or not.

Without revealing anything specific......I can say, even though you put a lot of thought in this Tally.....it's not correct ;)

I didn't expect it to be 100% correct but I'll bet it's at least 90% correct. :)

I didn't expect it to be 100% correct but I'll bet it's at least 90% correct. :)

OK...this is all you are getting.......lol...each statement you made in each paragraph about each ship had and error or errors in all four statements....WHEW!!!....there....that still covers me :D

Allen, I'm sorry I made your headache worse. Send me your address and I will send you a bottle of ibuprofen. :D

I made about 20 statements and I know at least one of them is wrong but I bet most are right. I was just stating the facts (sailing dates) that most people don't know with speculation of itineraries that match the facts.

Since nobody else had posted the sailing dates of these ships I thought I could at least correct some of the inconsistencies.

It is all in fun, isn't it? :)

Now I must go to work, it still 20 days before I sail. :(

Yes.....thus the gag order.;)

ahh....thanks :)

Me too..this is crazy:eek:

now/////let me go find a post I'd like to briefly address;)

Well GAG it out already Randy! I/We promise we won't TELL! Cross my heart!:rolleyes:;)

OK...this is all you are getting.......lol...each statement you made in each paragraph about each ship had and error or errors in all four statements....WHEW!!!....there....that still covers me :D

lol, well maybe we can narrow it down one by one..the triumph what was said....pretty much covered anything that COULD happen to me ... I cant even see what is wrong, since tally said it could do either port, might or might not go into drydock, etc. Its so vague, I cant see the mistake.

TRIUMPH: The Triumph has no bookings between September 24, 2011 and October 6, 2011. This could mean that it is going into drydock at that time and also that it could be going to another port. It will only be sailing 4 and 5 day cruises from October 6, 2011 to April 28, 2012 and not any of the 7 day cruises that it is doing now. So it could go to Galveston to do 4 and 5 day cruises while the Conquest does 7 day cruises or it could stay in New Orleans after drydock for 4 and 5 day cruises.

Randy, that must be one tight gag...

you have Much More Self Control that I would be able to Muster!!

:)

lol, well maybe we can narrow it down one by one..the triumph what was said....pretty much covered anything that COULD happen to me ... I cant even see what is wrong, since tally said it could do either port, might or might not go into drydock, etc. Its so vague, I cant see the mistake.

Yeah that one was probably more vague than wrong......I guess it's how you interpret what was meant about Conquest....lol........stop it people!!!.......I'm gonna get in trouble :eek:

Randy, that must be one tight gag...

you have Much More Self Control that I would be able to Muster!!

:)

Yeah......I need to get off here.....but I can tell you this...as soon as my group decides for sure our date....I'll make a banner and I put the ports in the banner.....You just won't see it in my signature til Carnival makes the announcement.....but they told us yesterday that it would be within a few weeks.......so that's anyday :)

but they told us yesterday that it would be within a few weeks.......so that's anyday :)

A few weeks?!?! :eek::eek:

My peeps are waiting for me to tell them for sure so we can plan our trip out of Galveston! I told them we should know this week - we'll see.

Yeah that one was probably more vague than wrong......I guess it's how you interpret what was meant about Conquest....lol........stop it people!!!.......I'm gonna get in trouble :eek:

Yeah......I need to get off here.....but I can tell you this...as soon as my group decides for sure our date....I'll make a banner and I put the ports in the banner.....You just won't see it in my signature til Carnival makes the announcement.....but they told us yesterday that it would be within a few weeks.......so that's anyday :)

Not that again!!! I don't think I can wait another few weeks!!!!:eek::eek::(:(

I thought the Ecstasy just got out of drydock? We went on her just a few months after they updated and added the waterworks. That was Nov 09 and I think the drydock was sept/oct 09.

A question: I plan to book a cruise out of Galveston for Mar 2012 this November. If (:rolleyes:) by chance the Magic does homeport here, do yall think there will still be cabins available? Will they even have opened up bookings by Nov?

My name is Karen and I am a "cruise critic waiting on the big anouncement" olic!

Allen, I'm sorry I made your headache worse. Send me your address and I will send you a bottle of ibuprofen. :D

I made about 20 statements and I know at least one of them is wrong but I bet most are right. I was just stating the facts (sailing dates) that most people don't know with speculation of itineraries that match the facts.

Since nobody else had posted the sailing dates of these ships I thought I could at least correct some of the inconsistencies.

It is all in fun, isn't it? :)

Now I must go to work, it still 20 days before I sail. :(

Obviously you had not read Randy's last post when you chastised me. :)

I rest my case. :D

I thought the Ecstasy just got out of drydock? We went on her just a few months after they updated and added the waterworks. That was Nov 09 and I think the drydock was sept/oct 09.

A question: I plan to book a cruise out of Galveston for Mar 2012 this November. If (:rolleyes:) by chance the Magic does homeport here, do yall think there will still be cabins available? Will they even have opened up bookings by Nov?

My name is Karen and I am a "cruise critic waiting on the big anouncement" olic!

There will be cabins left in Nov.

They better open bookings for the Magic before November or I will be very mad!

Man...if I wasn't confused before I read all the possibilities....I am certainly confused now.....

:confused:

Soon, we will know and we can start planning!!!! :D

Hopefully we will know soon. Did you see Randy's post. It could still be a few more weeks!

Man...if I wasn't confused before I read all the possibilities....I am certainly confused now.....

:confused:

Soon, we will know and we can start planning!!!! :D

The Canadian Rockies were absolutely gorgeous with Dall sheep and mountain goats and moose and grizzlies in the wild. At another point' date=' just after we crossed into Alaska, we were going about 70mph and a buffalo crossed in front of us. We missed it by about a foot. We could also hear wolves howling at night while we were trying to go to sleep.:eek:[/quote']

THAT reminded me of our Moose encounter.

We were at the park by the Anchorage airport and there was a Moose with big ole antlers standing by the fence at the top of the hill.

So we parked to watch him.... he turned and looked at us and started walking down the hill towards us....then he started trotting down the hill towards us...then he started RUNNING down the hill towards us.

We were in a rental car (Toyota Highlander) and I started yelling for hubby to start the car.

That silly moose ran right up to the front of the vehicle....stopped and just walked off to the right into the woods.

If I could have read that moose's mind...he would have been saying "bet I scared them". He would have been right. :)

Hopefully we will know soon. Did you see Randy's post. It could still be a few more weeks!

OK...now I am confused about how your post "quoting" me was posted BEFORE my post?? LOL

Pass the Tylenol.....

fortunately...it will not be weeks.... :cool:

Hmmm... a clue? {not much of one}

from John Who's blog

"I have never figured this out. We provide the same service, the same fun, the same high quality food and yet there are some………ummmm……..grumpy people on board. Now obviously we have to do something about this especially as it looks like I may be the Cruise Director on your Carnival Magic’s trans-Atlantic voyage and I want to get it right. We do our best to provide extra activities for those 5 back to back days at sea and yet personally and quite honestly, I dread them because I know that regardless of what we do…………..some guests won’t be happy."

so far the schedules posted have 6 sea days...

Ecstasy will not going into drydock as it was just in drdock in September 2009.

OK...now I am confused about how your post "quoting" me was posted BEFORE my post?? LOL

Pass the Tylenol.....

fortunately...it will not be weeks.... :cool:

thats been going on for the past week. Im so fast I answered a OP with a two line answer before he posted his first post on his thread.

I did hear it has to do with your computer clock. Mine is behind 1 minute from what the posts show.

Archived