tropical depression ALEX???? r u kidding me??

maryivo

This feels like a bad joke. My last vacation to Disney in May of 2009 I dealt with torrential rain 9 / 10 days and now they are watching tropical depression Alex. Apparantly, Alex is just north of the equator and gaining strength. The models are showing it may be named Alex later today but right now it's just a "disturbance" Still!!!! I can't believe this. I leave on the Jewel out of NYC this Saturday and I am so looking forward to this vacation with my family. I am hoping and praying this strom doesn't strengthen. Any thoughts? Anyone??:confused:

I would not panic yet or even get yourself worried too much... These things change all the time and you will stress out if you worry when its that far away...

By wed or Thur you will know better and even then things can change...

Relax and wait it out a bit... my guess (and hope) is that you will be fine

If the storm does get stronger and is in the path of the ship, the ship will change course and avert the storm. You may miss a port of call if the weather is really bad.

This happened to my sister on a cruise and they completely averted the storm and saw no rain at all. They did skip a port, though.

Just in case, I would bring some ponchos and umbrellas. Don't let the possible bad weather ruin your vacation. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

This feels like a bad joke. My last vacation to Disney in May of 2009 I dealt with torrential rain 9 / 10 days and now they are watching tropical depression Alex. Apparantly, Alex is just north of the equator and gaining strength. The models are showing it may be named Alex later today but right now it's just a "disturbance" Still!!!! I can't believe this. I leave on the Jewel out of NYC this Saturday and I am so looking forward to this vacation with my family. I am hoping and praying this strom doesn't strengthen. Any thoughts? Anyone??:confused:

Tell me. I live in Florida. Supposed to fly to Seattle for my cruise. If I get grounded because of the storm, at least my insurance kicks in. But if I choose to stay home, I'm out everything.

they're saying this is the earliest they've seen something gearing up into a warning since 1979. who knew!

You've misinterpreted the reports. There is no warning at this time...they are watching this area for possible development into a named storm. Tropical storms and hurricance do occur in June... there have been 80 June tropical storms and hurricanes. What is unusual about this one is where it is forming...coming off the coast of Africa, which is highly unusual for this time of year. The reference to 1979 is that the only time a named storm has formed at this time of the year in this area of the Atlantic was in 1979, Tropical Storm Ana.

Tell me. I live in Florida. Supposed to fly to Seattle for my cruise. If I get grounded because of the storm, at least my insurance kicks in. But if I choose to stay home, I'm out everything.

Yeah, tell me about it. Stupid volcano in Iceland.:mad:

last August, we cruised during 'Bill' (amazing that it was August and they were only up to letter 'B') and there were two other tropical storms brewing as well.

We had calm seas...and I mean flat like a lake, all week :)

Don't worry. Just pack Bonine or Dramamine just in case. You'll be fine ;)

Archived