Summit Royal Suite Questions

br00ke

We are leaving Sunday on the Summit, and I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. Does the room have a DVD player?

2. Were any recent RS guests given Elite perks as an added 'suite reward'? I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice!

3. How big is the hot tub on the balcony? Does anyone have a picture?

Thank you!

Brooke

You don't get Elite perks unless you're Elite. My cousin stayed in the RS and didn't get any coupon book for Elite or Select.

The hot tub, if it works, can maybe hold two people. They're not all that big and not very well kept. And, they're not all that private either.

You don't get Elite perks unless you're Elite. My cousin stayed in the RS and didn't get any coupon book for Elite or Select.

Brooke

It actually depends on the ship and the sailing. Last November on Infinity, Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse Suites got Elite perks [coupons and card for Michael's Club] but this is not always the case. I guess you will find out on Sunday. There will be an envelope in your suite if they are giving you the perks.

Bon Voyage - have a great cruise. Would be interested in how the Royal Suite was on your return as we have one booked on Infinity next year.

Sue

If I knew how to post a picture I would show you the hot tub, its not huge - think normal bath size, but it is so lovely to have one on your own balcony I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure we had a DVD player, I seem to recall checking a DVD we had got of our helicopter ride over the volcano in the room when we came back but then it was 4 years ago - and if we did not have one I am sure they will have added them now.

Enjoy, its a fabulous room

A

We are leaving Sunday on the Summit, and I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. Does the room have a DVD player?

2. Were any recent RS guests given Elite perks as an added 'suite reward'? I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice!

3. How big is the hot tub on the balcony? Does anyone have a picture?

Thank you!

Brooke

Brooke, we are also leaving on the Summit on Sunday. We are in Sky Suite 6131, next to one of the Royal Suites. Perhaps we will see you on board!

We were in the rs last May on summit.

It has 2 DVD players - one in living room and one in the bedroom.

The hot tub can fit two average adults cozily. If you plan to use it, ask your butler or room attendant to have ot cleaned and ready for use. If it has not been used in a while mold and other nasty stuff forms in the pipes and when you turn it on...ick! But easily solved.

Our favorite part of the suite was dinners on our balconies and leisurely breakfasts too.... Soooooooo nice!

It has 2 DVD players - one in living room and one in the bedroom.

Are DVDs available to borrow/hire onboard, please?

If you plan to use it, ask your butler or room attendant to have ot cleaned and ready for use. If it has not been used in a while mold and other nasty stuff forms in the pipes and when you turn it on...ick! But easily solved.

Thanks for the tip!

Sue

Yes there is a menu available of DVDs you can borrow - the butler will get them

The list was a little dated, not current releases but I suppose if you wanted to see something again they are fine

Yes there is a menu available of DVDs you can borrow - the butler will get them

The list was a little dated, not current releases but I suppose if you wanted to see something again they are fine

Thanks! We have not been to the cinema for over 35 years so I think old films are fine for us! Whether we will actually find time to watch a film onboard is another matter.

Sue

Has anyone slept on the sofa bed in a RS (specifically Mille) recently - since 2009? I'll be sleeping on the sofa bed for 14nts on a Panama Canal cruise and am wondering if I'll be comfortable or not. Any feedback?

Has anyone slept on the sofa bed in a RS (specifically Mille) recently - since 2009? I'll be sleeping on the sofa bed for 14nts on a Panama Canal cruise and am wondering if I'll be comfortable or not. Any feedback?

I did not...but my 13 yo did for 2 weeks last May...on Summit in the RS. He did not mind it, but it looked pretty squashy for lack of a better technical term. However I think you will be so happy with the room you might not mind!

Enjoy!

Archived