Buffets on Ventura

WATB

Hi everyone, I need some advice please re the evening buffet options on Ventura........we have only ever been on weekend cruises before, the last being on Arcadia........the buffet was such a poor option, in fact I would say dire !! Is this generally the case or was it just bad luck ?

We are looking to book Ventura for a 7 day cruise and would prefer to have one or two nights 'casual' dining rather than having to dress for dinner.........but will think again if our Arcadia buffet experience is likely to be repeated.

Cheers for your help.

WATB

We were on Ventura last week - nice ship shame about the weather!

Buffet has different theme nights each evening, Indian, Asian, British carvery, etc, etc

I am sure I saw a sign at the buffet entrance in the evening "saying wait here to be seated" rather than a free for all like it is during the daytimes.

I am sure I saw a sign at the buffet entrance in the evening "saying wait here to be seated" rather than a free for all like it is during the daytimes.

Possibly the Beach House? which turns into a "casual" waiter service restaurant, rather like an American Diner. The main buffet is self service open seating with a very good selection, with a theme on most nights, but the "usual" salads, cold meats, cheeses, entrees, desserts, etc are always available.

Hi - there are two restaurants - one is a buffet and the other is the beach house diner. We really enjoyed eating at the beach house in the evenings as it is less formal. It has a small menu consisting of grills, steaks, curry etc. Our favourite dish was the fish and chips which were the best I've ever tasted. There is no cover charge but you do have to wait to be seated if there is no available table. However they do give you a bleeper and the wait is usually less than ten minutes!!!!!!!

We only ever ate in the buffet on the Indian Night and it was really good too . However it was a bit of a free for all. Getting a drink took ages . So this wasn't our favourite venue tbh.

Our favourite dining venue was East - yes there is a supplement but it was definately worth it . Superb food and service. In fact we ate there 4 times in a fortnight!!!!!

HTH

Sue

I think we ate in every restaurant on Ventura last week....the Indian night in the buffet was super, and we hailed a wine waiter immediately. What we enjoyed the most was the tapas and paella in the Ramblas....as much or as little as you were prepared to buy- as the waitress said, you could simply buy all the tapas dishes and ignore the main courses or sweets. I loved the meaty paella with smoked ham, and OH liked the fishy one. Just wander around a bit, and enjoy!

They were taking bookings for White's and East in the atrium on deck 5 when you first arrived on board- we booked then, and had lovely evenings.

Jo.

Cheers everyone for your advice, really helpful........glad to know there are some good alternative dining options for those lazy days :)

Sir Tipalot-Knott - Lil Miss M can sit where she likes, as long she's not on our table as she attracts the wrong sort :rolleyes:

Another question too about food please............. is there an all night dining option ? Just for the munchies after bopping the night away ;)

Another question too about food please............. is there an all night dining option ? Just for the munchies after bopping the night away ;)

Yes, the Waterside self service is open all night. Everything from snacks to hot food.

Brian

We have been on Ventura twice and at any time before dinner we have had to find a table before going to the buffet as there just does not appear to be enough tables to accommodate the passengers.

However this is not the case in the evenings so you should be ok.

Hello HC, thanks for your post.......glad to hear that its not a free for all in the buffets in the evenings..........not so great at lunchtime though !!

Would you say that the buffet was freshened and replenished throughout the meal time or is it best to get there when it first opens ?

Hello HC, thanks for your post.......glad to hear that its not a free for all in the buffets in the evenings..........not so great at lunchtime though !!

Would you say that the buffet was freshened and replenished throughout the meal time or is it best to get there when it first opens ?

The buffet never closes as its open 24 hours. It moves seamlessly from breakfast to brunch to lunch to afternoon tea. However if you want to avoid the free for all why not go to the restaurant and have waiter service. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, although only at set times. It is open seating so you just get shown to a vacant table and sit down.

Brian

Thanks Brian.......that's great to know.........didn't even think about that........we have taken afternoon tea a couple of times just because its such a treat. I guess you just go to your allocated dining room and see what's on offer ?

Archived