Carnival Fantasy Review & Pics/ June 5th, 2010 Sailing

Do you know if the Fantasy has a desk to purchase future cruise certificates? We are planning on doing this cruise in May 2011 and would love to purchase one of these if they are available.:)

They do. If you are on promenade deck around midship. There was a little kiosk set up and a gentleman was there to help. I believe he also had some sort of "talk" at the Forum Aft Lounge one of the days but we didnt go. :o

Thank you so much. I have been wanting to try hibachi for a long time now so it looks like it will be a good time to do it when we get down there. I did call Hampton to ask about how the transpertation works and they do shuttle us to the port when we leave and also pick us up when we get back. I think that the website said it is only 6 miles from the port, so if anything goes wrong we will be close enough to call a cab. Again thanks so much for all the help:) (excuse my spelling...lol unless I am writting a formal paper I dont spell check)

No worries on your spelling. I am not grading you. ;)

Glad to hear transportation is provided. My apartment is in the west ashley area and it was only about $15.00 one way. Not too shabby if you ask me.

We are thinking of booking another cruise for February! Woo hoo!

Loved your review and the pictures are awesome! We sailed the Fantasy 2 yrs. ago right before her drydock to upgrade to the Waterworks so it was nice to see her again and what the Waterworks slides look like. We are thinking about going on the Sensation next summer and seeing your review and pics has made me want to go for sure!

Loved your review and the pictures are awesome! We sailed the Fantasy 2 yrs. ago right before her drydock to upgrade to the Waterworks so it was nice to see her again and what the Waterworks slides look like. We are thinking about going on the Sensation next summer and seeing your review and pics has made me want to go for sure!

Thanks jbanana! We are thinking of taking my boys in February on the same itenerary that we did in June but in reverse (Nassau, Freeport then Key West). Starting the planning stages now and yes, there will be a review for that cruise as well. Even though its the same itenerary doesnt mean it will be the same review right? :) Gonna make sure we hit some spots we wish we had gone to before.

Thanks jbanana! We are thinking of taking my boys in February on the same itenerary that we did in June but in reverse (Nassau, Freeport then Key West). Starting the planning stages now and yes, there will be a review for that cruise as well. Even though its the same itenerary doesnt mean it will be the same review right? :) Gonna make sure we hit some spots we wish we had gone to before.

Nancy, what "spots" would you go back to hit? We leave in 15 days on that itinerary and it sounds like we have a lot of the same interests (including bar set up :))!

Jill

Nancy, what "spots" would you go back to hit? We leave in 15 days on that itinerary and it sounds like we have a lot of the same interests (including bar set up :))!

Jill

Key West: I would hit up Tony's and Sloppy Joes just to say I have been there. This time we may go to Fort Zachary for educational purposes for the kids (and ourselves).

Nassau: Beach day. Since we did a snorkeling excursion last time, I am beginning research on scenic out of the way beaches. Less touristy and such.

Freeport: Not quite sure on this one. If we go back to Lucaya we will definitely find a place that is not so busy with jetskis and such. Thought about Dead Man's Reef but also heard that an older lady drowned out there and I am not a very strong swimmer.

I am still doing some research on these threads on the port of call sites so this list may not be all inclusive as of yet.

Have fun on your cruise!

Shonjon I know my mom has mentioned the Best Western to you. We are crusing together. I have stayed at that hotel several times which is why we are staying there.

I'm going to book the room next week.. this will be my first cruise and I am so ready to go. Lol

I'm going to book the room next week.. this will be my first cruise and I am so ready to go. Lol

I so sorry shonjon that I havent gotten those pics to you. I promise I am gonna try to get by there today. Life has gotten in the way along with my back getting all out of whack. I go to lunch at 1pm, I got your email addy and check your in box around 3pm or so.

I so sorry shonjon that I havent gotten those pics to you. I promise I am gonna try to get by there today. Life has gotten in the way along with my back getting all out of whack. I go to lunch at 1pm, I got your email addy and check your in box around 3pm or so.

Ok no problem. Ill check later today. Thanks again

Ok no problem. Ill check later today. Thanks again

I got up with Andy from here on CC. (Had to pay rent today and didnt get by the hotel) I checked this hotel for him before and they liked it. From what I remember about the room it was a bit small but fine for a night or two. They have a neat little ledge in the window and they have mattresses that can go up there for younger kids to sleep on. Nifty! Here is our conversation via facebook.

Nancy August 6 at 12:52pm

Is the Best Western Patriots Point the hotel I checked out for you? I have a CC'r who is going to be staying there and want to make sure its the same. She is posting on my Review (shonjon) and if you could offer some insights about the room...would ya mind? :O)

From Andy August 6 at 12:58pm [/color]

it is and it was great... I think I have a few pics if that would help. The room was nice - nothing super fancy but nice. We didn't really check out the hotel but the breakfast was good and that restaurant you sent us to (Vickerys - I think, was real close - right out of parking lot, left at light, right before bridge - far side of parking lot ~if memory serves)... Have her e-mail me if she has questions. I never go on cruise critic after we cruise as it just depresses me. I'm ready to cruise again - like yesterday... all except having no $$$ :(

I will send you his email through your email addy you sent me.

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

Thanks for taking the time to write such an interesting review and to post the pictures. I can relate to the pictures of food - my DH took only pictures of the food at his Bar Mitzvah ,,, a foodie from a young age! We're sailing on Inspiration in mid Jan 2011 and I expect we'll come home with food pics too.

All4fun&fun4all- I have the Fun times for all of the days except Thurs. If you have time....Do you think you could email me a copy? That is the only one I can't see on the photo bucket. Thanks a bunch.

Funny story there. The one that is listed as Friday is actually Thursday. We arrived back in port on Friday so no Fun Times. Carnival typo! :p

Thanks for taking the time to write such an interesting review and to post the pictures. I can relate to the pictures of food - my DH took only pictures of the food at his Bar Mitzvah ,,, a foodie from a young age! We're sailing on Inspiration in mid Jan 2011 and I expect we'll come home with food pics too.

Thank you! We are major foodies. We take pics of food even when we arent on cruises. We watch a lot of PBS cooking shows too. (no cable :o) The Andrew is an amazing cook.

• 5 weeks later...
All4fun&fun4all - thanks for the great review.

Wifey and I are going on 1/1/2011 for our 10th anniversary. We are finding anything we can on the ship and experiences on it.

Can't wait to go!

Randy.

Congrats Randy! We are actually thinking of sailing again in February on our anniversary week! Same itinerary. I am sure we can find something different to get into this time. :D

If ya have any questions, just let me know.

• 1 month later...

Thanks soooo much for this review. I LOVED reading every bit of it and now I am so hyped up for my cruise even though it is several months away! We are definitely coming into Charleston one or two nights before we cruise (since the ship leaves on a Monday). Any suggestions for affordable, safe places with the free parking/shuttle option will be appreciated! Several of my friends and family will also come in the night before so we will probably want to meet up for dinner or something somewhere closeby as well for a Bon Voyage/Night Before the Wedding Party :)

Thanks soooo much for this review. I LOVED reading every bit of it and now I am so hyped up for my cruise even though it is several months away! We are definitely coming into Charleston one or two nights before we cruise (since the ship leaves on a Monday). Any suggestions for affordable, safe places with the free parking/shuttle option will be appreciated! Several of my friends and family will also come in the night before so we will probably want to meet up for dinner or something somewhere closeby as well for a Bon Voyage/Night Before the Wedding Party :)

I am glad that people are still enjoying my review. I cant wait to get back onboard in February. (Hopefully)

Below is a link for a variety of things to do in Charleston, as well as hotels offering park and cruise specials. Just make sure to verify with the hotel that transportation is indeed included and complimentary.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages_stay.html