Carnival Fantasy Review & Pics/ June 5th, 2010 Sailing

All4fun&fun4all

your review has been by far the most enjoyable to read!! My honey and I will be on Fantasy April 29 for 5night to Freeport and Nassau. This will be our first cruise and we are sooo looking forward to it!!! Thanks again for sharing your fun!

You guys are going to have SOOOO much fun! I am super jealous! Have a drink of the day in our honor and take tons of pictures.

Also, I'm not sure if this is true on carnival but on RCCL I used to meet the head maitre d' sometime after boarding--the Fun Times would probably list the times.

And finally, I know that some people ask for table changes after the first night's dinner. Not sure how you do this tho.

This is true on Carnival as well. I want to say he is available in the dining room on the first day for a couple of hours. Not sure of the exact time.

As far as table changes after the first night's dinner, if you are unhappy just pop by Guest Services and they will get you in touch with the Maitre D'.

You guys are going to have SOOOO much fun! I am super jealous! Have a drink of the day in our honor and take tons of pictures.

We will most definitely make a toast in your name (maybe 2 or 3)

Quick question: BF and I are planning to carry on all of our luggage, but since this is my first cruise, I'm unsure if there is a size restriction for the carry on luggage. We were planning on 1 "carry-on size" and 1 medium piece (one size up from the "carry-on") is this allowed??

This is so exciting for me!! I cannot believe there's only 32 days left. I'm excited like its 5 days left or something lol. Its funny cuz I'm obsessing over what I'm gonna pack. I have made a list from top to bottom on notebook paper, everything that I plan on packing lol I also did that so I wouldn't forget anything either. My birthday is May, 11 & on the 13th, my boyfriend family is throwing a birthday dinner for myself & his aunt (our birthday is the same) then the next day, I will be heading to Charleston, SC for my 1st cruise!! I am ecstatic!!!:D:D:D What a wonderful birthday!!!

We will most definitely make a toast in your name (maybe 2 or 3)

Quick question: BF and I are planning to carry on all of our luggage, but since this is my first cruise, I'm unsure if there is a size restriction for the carry on luggage. We were planning on 1 "carry-on size" and 1 medium piece (one size up from the "carry-on") is this allowed??

From what I remember it has to be carry-on sized because it has to go through the luggage screener. We had no problem leaving our larger luggage with the porter. Just make sure to tip them. These guys work very hard. ;)

This is so exciting for me!! I cannot believe there's only 32 days left. I'm excited like its 5 days left or something lol. Its funny cuz I'm obsessing over what I'm gonna pack. I have made a list from top to bottom on notebook paper, everything that I plan on packing lol I also did that so I wouldn't forget anything either. My birthday is May, 11 & on the 13th, my boyfriend family is throwing a birthday dinner for myself & his aunt (our birthday is the same) then the next day, I will be heading to Charleston, SC for my 1st cruise!! I am ecstatic!!!:D:D:D What a wonderful birthday!!!

I am a list maker too! Everyone laughs over my OCD nature with packing but I can honestly say I dont think I have ever forgotten anything.

When you come back you should do a review too! I love a first time cruiser's perspective.

I am a list maker too! Everyone laughs over my OCD nature with packing but I can honestly say I dont think I have ever forgotten anything.

When you come back you should do a review too! I love a first time cruiser's perspective.

I just might do a review :) It definitely won't be as good as yours though! I'm a little confused about something though or maybe I'm just making it confusing but how exactly does the Sail N Sign work?? Do I HAVE to have a debit/credit card? Can I take cash & use that for the card? Like what exactly is the Sail N Sign process during embarkation??

JSmith - please do a review. We are sailing on Fantasy in October and I have sooooooo long to wait and I would love to read your review! Helps pass the time reading how much fun other people had!

Kim

LOL ok I'll do one but it won't be in as much details as this 1 lol this review was AWESOME, I just might read it again lol

All4fun&fun4all, just found your review and have read a good bit of it and also looked at the pictures.

I was especially glad to see your cabin as I'll be solo in a Porthole cabin next month. Looks like plenty of space, and I liked that you could sit up on the shelf/ledge beside the portholes.

I've started a thread with this question but will also ask: Did you have a favorite bar? I'm actually looking for a place to sit with a gin and tonic and a book and just chill out. Any suggestions?

Edited by ILoveScotland

I just might do a review :) It definitely won't be as good as yours though! I'm a little confused about something though or maybe I'm just making it confusing but how exactly does the Sail N Sign work?? Do I HAVE to have a debit/credit card? Can I take cash & use that for the card? Like what exactly is the Sail N Sign process during embarkation??

Ok, here is what WE do with the Sail N Sign. A few weeks before the cruise I called my PVP and went ahead and paid for our gratuities so that we walked onboard with a ZERO balance.

In the past I have used a debit card which they process at check in. But I found that my bank put a hold on my debit card way after Carnival had processed our charges...which caused some things to go "bouncy".

To alleviate that problem for this sailing, we told the clerk at check in at the port that we were planning to pay cash for our Sail & Sign. Right before you board, they give you your S&S card which will be non-functional until you put the cash on it (if you go the cash route). Go to the Pursers Desk (Guest Services?) in the atrium and put down as much as you want. We put down $200.00 per person. After that ran out we added more as we went along. I liked doing it this way over worrying about holds. Go do this right when you board so you can start with your DOD's right away! :)

All4fun&fun4all, just found your review and have read a good bit of it and also looked at the pictures.

I was especially glad to see your cabin as I'll be solo in a Porthole cabin next month. Looks like plenty of space, and I liked that you could sit up on the shelf/ledge beside the portholes.

I've started a thread with this question but will also ask: Did you have a favorite bar? I'm actually looking for a place to sit with a gin and tonic and a book and just chill out. Any suggestions?

I loved that porthole. I dont think I will ever get another type of cabin. Make sure you move your bed underneath so you can get up there easier. Or you can ask your steward to move it for you. We always did it ourselves though.

Favorite Bar...hmm, we spent most of our time on the lido deck at the pool bar. We like to people-watch and found it was the best place and the most active during sea days. We also liked the sofas in the Majestic Cigar Bar but if you have any issues with smoking, it is best to stay clear of there. On the promenade deck there are these soft and cozy chaise lounges that face some really huge windows. Its located just outside the 21st Century Bar and is a non-smoking area. Perfect area for reading a good book. There are tons of drink waiters who will come into this area and inquire if you would like a drinky! Only time I would think this area would be a little loud or busy is right around dinner times. Have fun!:)

I loved that porthole. I dont think I will ever get another type of cabin. Make sure you move your bed underneath so you can get up there easier. Or you can ask your steward to move it for you. We always did it ourselves though.

Favorite Bar...hmm, we spent most of our time on the lido deck at the pool bar. We like to people-watch and found it was the best place and the most active during sea days. We also liked the sofas in the Majestic Cigar Bar but if you have any issues with smoking, it is best to stay clear of there. On the promenade deck there are these soft and cozy chaise lounges that face some really huge windows. Its located just outside the 21st Century Bar and is a non-smoking area. Perfect area for reading a good book. There are tons of drink waiters who will come into this area and inquire if you would like a drinky! Only time I would think this area would be a little loud or busy is right around dinner times. Have fun!:)

Thanks for advice about the bed. I'll get the steward to move it if it's not beneath the window.

Also, while I've been thinking about a quiet place, being by the pool might be good as well for the sea days. Smoke does bother me so Majestic Cigar Bar out.

• 3 months later...

I have read a lot about how steep the gangplank to get on the fantasy is. I've even read a review that said that you should be ready to climb the equivalent of 7 stair cases. However, in the picture on the 1st page it doesn't look that bad. Am I missing something???

I have read a lot about how steep the gangplank to get on the fantasy is. I've even read a review that said that you should be ready to climb the equivalent of 7 stair cases. However' date=' in the picture on the 1st page it doesn't look that bad. Am I missing something???[/quote']

Hmmm. I am not sure why they would say that. I dont remember that at all. Mostly it was downhill from the building. There is no way I could climb the equivalent of 7 staircases...I would probably pass out.

There was a flight of stairs inside the port after you check in and take your embarkation photo. But it was just one flight.

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

Hmmm. I am not sure why they would say that. I dont remember that at all. Mostly it was downhill from the building. There is no way I could climb the equivalent of 7 staircases...I would probably pass out.

There was a flight of stairs inside the port after you check in and take your embarkation photo. But it was just one flight.

Us too DH asthma me a smoker I would never make it. One flight of stairs it all

Oh, and for those of you who followed our story and the fire that destroyed our home back in January...I bought a new house. We are getting all settled in and the Andrew has healed up quite nicely from his burns. No scarring on his face but minimal scarring on his arms. Just thought I would update those who had an interest. Looking at cruising again out of Charleston in February (hopefully) to celebrate the fact that he is still a part of my life. :)

Oh, and for those of you who followed our story and the fire that destroyed our home back in January...I bought a new house. We are getting all settled in and the Andrew has healed up quite nicely from his burns. No scarring on his face but minimal scarring on his arms. Just thought I would update those who had an interest. Looking at cruising again out of Charleston in February (hopefully) to celebrate the fact that he is still a part of my life. :)

Great news! Thank you for the update. I have your review bookmarked so I think about you guys almost every day when I see it! I'm glad things are going well for you and that you might cruise again in February. I just can't wait until October! Paid my cruise off yesterday and that is a great feeling!

Great news! Thank you for the update. I have your review bookmarked so I think about you guys almost every day when I see it! I'm glad things are going well for you and that you might cruise again in February. I just can't wait until October! Paid my cruise off yesterday and that is a great feeling!

Thank you for still showing an interest in us. Your post made me smile.

Congrats on pay off day! It is such a wonderful feeling isnt it? Now, start putting money towards your onboard credit and prepay your gratuities!

Thanks for the great review!! Glad you guys got a new home. Best of luck in it. My question is about the yummy guava juice and/or orange juice. Is that free and available throughout the day? I was going to bring some OJ to make mimosas's in my room with the 2 bottles of Asti I am allowed to bring on. But if this stuff is available I'll just bring more diet cokes instead to go with my rum:D. Also what do you think/have you heard about the Holiday Inn Express in Mount Pleasant? We just booked that for a cruise and stay package. Not the cheapest but looks really nice in pictures!!

Thanks for the great review!! Glad you guys got a new home. Best of luck in it. My question is about the yummy guava juice and/or orange juice. Is that free and available throughout the day? I was going to bring some OJ to make mimosas's in my room with the 2 bottles of Asti I am allowed to bring on. But if this stuff is available I'll just bring more diet cokes instead to go with my rum:D. Also what do you think/have you heard about the Holiday Inn Express in Mount Pleasant? We just booked that for a cruise and stay package. Not the cheapest but looks really nice in pictures!!

The guava yumminess is available for free in the mornings. We have decided to fill our Bubba keg up with the yummy juice in the morning to use throughout the day. I dont think it is available once breakfast is over.

Holiday Inn Express in Mt. P is perfect. Mt. P is a more upscale area so you chose well.

The new house is amazing. The Andrew is a much happier person being out in the country and its cool owning something. And this time it is insured....to the teeth! And TWO smoke detectors.