Insignia Cabin 6000, Anyone Familiar With It?

opheliaj

We are booked in cabin 6000 on the Insignia and I am worried about the size of the cabin and how rough the ride might be. It's the same cabin size, etc. on Regatta and Nautica.

We are going from Copenhagen to Lisbon in August. We are wait-listed for another cabin in the Concierge Class which we would hope would be closer to the center of the boat.

Unfortunately, for us, the boat is booked and I'm concerned about how rough it might be since we're headed down the Atlantic coast in August and it doesn't look likely we're going to get up-graded.

Another thing is that the cabin looks to be a slightly different shape and size than the other cabins in that class. I know the balcony is larger but the cabin looks slightly shorter and wider than the others. Does anyone know anything about these cabins?

Are we in for trouble?:confused:

Wind across the bow coupled with the ship's operating speed may make the balcony less desireable than a side balcony.

I'm told that anchor noise and/or bow thruster noise/vibration in the forward cabins is very noticeable.

OK - Now I'm getting worried. I just yesterday happened to think about the anchor noise.

Thanks.

How many ports will you be anchoring in?

Most on your cruise you will be docked

OK - Now I'm getting worried. I just yesterday happened to think about the anchor noise.

Thanks.

The anchor noise is loud, but only lasts a few seconds. The bow thrusters also make quite a din. but are used only for a few minutes at each port.

We don't mind the noise, because it takes place when we are up, showering and getting dressed for that days port of call.

We also never noticed any music noise from the main lounge, because we seldom nap and are hardly ever in our stateroom during the early evening.

If you are the type of person who sleeps in on port days, or who relaxes in the room after dinner, I'd suggest that you attempt to change rooms.

If you are the "Up at At Them" type, you will adore the location, and will try to book it again and again.

How many ports will you be anchoring in?

Most on your cruise you will be docked

We'll be on the boat for two weeks and hitting a lot of ports; but you are right, I hadn't thought about it, we will be tying up rather than anchoring! I feel much better. Thanks so much. :)

The anchor noise is loud, but only lasts a few seconds. The bow thrusters also make quite a din. but are used only for a few minutes at each port.

We don't mind the noise, because it takes place when we are up, showering and getting dressed for that days port of call.

We also never noticed any music noise from the main lounge, because we seldom nap and are hardly ever in our stateroom during the early evening.

If you are the type of person who sleeps in on port days, or who relaxes in the room after dinner, I'd suggest that you attempt to change rooms.

If you are the "Up at At Them" type, you will adore the location, and will try to book it again and again.

Thanks for the good information. We are still wait-listed for something midships and higher. I sometimes have a seasickness problem and want to get to a smoother place on the ship. Well, it's beginning to sound better than I originally thought it might be.

Thanks again for the information.

Thanks for the good information. We are still wait-listed for something midships and higher. I sometimes have a seasickness problem and want to get to a smoother place on the ship. Well, it's beginning to sound better than I originally thought it might be.

Thanks again for the information.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy calm seas. I am a mid-ships only girl myself and have not yet had the courage to take a cruise involving either the North Sea or the Atlantic. Pack lots of medication just in case.

Archived