Bringing your own beach chair... Does that violate any policy?

All of this talk about chair hogs has got me thinking...

We're driving to the port in a van. Everyone has carry-ons. I'm considering taking 2 beach chairs. And I plan to hog them all week:eek:!

Will they be allowed?

Where will you put them? The deck space is already occupied by (Carnival's) Loungers, that are being hogged? ken

You will literally have a problem finding a place to put them. The space is full and the only open areas are walking areas, unless you plan on going to an upper deck and those chairs may well be unoccupied

The only space that is being hogged are couple of rows around the pool.

There are LOTS of empty lounge chairs if you dont need to sit right by the pool.

Why bring chairs since there would be no place in front of the pool to put them? pointless to me.

We're driving to the port in a van. Everyone has carry-ons. I'm considering taking 2 beach chairs. And I plan to hog them all week:eek:!

Will they be allowed?

Where will you put them? The deck space is already occupied by (Carnival's) Loungers, that are being hogged? ken

I agree why bring them.. you will be able to find ample chairs on other decks.. you will not be allowed to place your own chairs around the pools there is NO ROOM:eek:

I agree with every one else...there is no need to bring your own chairs. Really the only loungers the chair hogs go after are the ones right in front around the pool, you'll have no problem finding a chair on deck.

Also if upon embarkation they are considered "dangerous goods" they can be confiscated. So you best bet would be to use a "lounge chair runner" to get it on the ship.:D Then again like they all have said not much place to use it against those evil "Chair Hogs". Don't worry you will find lots of places with chairs to relax just probably not right by the pool. Which is the noisiest and least relaxing spot anyway. Have a great cruise.

Great advise, people.

I didn't think that Carnivals chairs would be stacked right up against each other. But, it makes sense.

I am taking two little ones, and I kinda have to get near the pool. I am new to Carnival and haven't run into a problem finding a seat on past cruises. So, after reading all of the "chair hog" horror stories, I'm a little worried.

Great advise, people.

I didn't think that Carnivals chairs would be stacked right up against each other. But, it makes sense.

I am taking two little ones, and I kinda have to get near the pool. I am new to Carnival and haven't run into a problem finding a seat on past cruises. So, after reading all of the "chair hog" horror stories, I'm a little worried.

They are stacked right against each other, therefore, there is no palce except walking areas to place your "little ones".

Great advise, people.

Please don't waste your energy carrying chairs with you! :eek: Even if it was allowed, which I'm not certain it is.

Honestly, I've been on nine cruises and while it's true that there are people who hog chairs right next to pools, I've seen plenty of folks with little kids in the second and even third row of chairs who didn't have a problem.

Besides which, let's say you DID bring your own chairs. Who are you going to push out of the way? If all the chairs are filled and there was room for more chairs, they would put more chairs out. There's just so much space and no more right near the pool.

Don't waste so much time worrying about it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

- Sharon -

They are stacked right against each other, therefore, there is no palce except walking areas to place your "little ones".

No... I mean two little children. That's why I have to get close to the pool. But, I really need to feel a little more comfortable with being able to get a chair. I'm not greedy. I'll share with one child, he'll share with the other.

Please don't waste your energy carrying chairs with you! :eek: Even if it was allowed, which I'm not certain it is.

Honestly, I've been on nine cruises and while it's true that there are people who hog chairs right next to pools, I've seen plenty of folks with little kids in the second and even third row of chairs who didn't have a problem.

Besides which, let's say you DID bring your own chairs. Who are you going to push out of the way? If all the chairs are filled and there was room for more chairs, they would put more chairs out. There's just so much space and no more right near the pool.

Don't waste so much time worrying about it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

- Sharon -

Thanks... we'll make do. Second and third rows are fine.

I checked the FAQ on "What can I bring onboard" and while it doesn't speak directly to beach chairs it does ban all flotation devices (except water wingy and other lifevest type things)

They might be considered Household Goods which are also banned.

I checked the FAQ on "What can I bring onboard" and while it doesn't speak directly to beach chairs it does ban all flotation devices (except water wingy and other lifevest type things)

They might be considered Household Goods which are also banned.

We take pool floaties, tubes, noodles, etc... and an air pump. But, we only use them on the beaches. I haven't had a problem getting them on thus far. I may need to check into that, I don't want them confiscated.

No... I mean two little children. That's why I have to get close to the pool. But, I really need to feel a little more comfortable with being able to get a chair. I'm not greedy. I'll share with one child, he'll share with the other.

If you want to be sure of getting a chair/chairs next to the pool, be there by 7AM and become a chair hog.

Will they be allowed?

Your only true answer will be found on Carnivals site...look under prohibited items and see if they are listed.

Any answer here will only be a personnal opinion. ;)

You mentioned two little ones?:) Are they even old enough to be allowed in the pool? :rolleyes::eek:Or do you mean the kiddie pool, where we have never noticed any chair hogs, just kids having fun, and folks hanging around. :) Don't bring the chairs.

Okay... I have a 2 year old and a 12 year old. I also have an 18 year old and a 17 year old (all girls). My older girls usually take my younger girls in, while I monitor from the deck. I wasn't aware of an age restriction, though. I've never encountered that before. I DID wonder about the comments about there being many children around the pool area. I usually travel while the rest of the country is in school and haven't had to "battle the Babes";)

Okay... I have a 2 year old and a 12 year old. I also have an 18 year old and a 17 year old (all girls). My older girls usually take my younger girls in, while I monitor from the deck. I wasn't aware of an age restriction, though. I've never encountered that before. I DID wonder about the comments about there being many children around the pool area. I usually travel while the rest of the country is in school and haven't had to "battle the Babes";)

Kids have to be potty trained to use the pool, swim diapers etc are not allowed. You'd possibly have a problem with the two year old?

If you want to be sure of getting a chair/chairs next to the pool, be there by 7AM and become a chair hog.

I was waiting on someone to say that LOL.. Simple, if you want a chair by the pool get there early and hog that sucker all day! :D Closet we ever got was the tiny deck above the Lido on the Conquest. Keep in mind that on the first sea day the deck will be PACKED.

Archived