inflatable pools? allowed or not allowed??

momofdss

ok, i have a question for everyone....

i've read in several areas on cruise critic of parents bringing an inflatable pool, setting it up on the deck for their child to play in.

now, i've contacted our carnival pvp and asked her about this. i wanted to know how do we fill the pool, empty the pool, and what are the policies for this. she didn't know. so she emailed the ship (the triumph).

I have a guest that says that she read that she can bring a small inflatable pool for the deck.. is this true? If so, how can she fill the pool?

the ship emailed her back. reply:

Please be advised that above request cannot be accommodated.

so what the hay??? i am totally confused!!! so many posters have said they've taken pools with no issues at all.....

we are in the middle of potty training now and it won't really be an issue as to getting in the pools, but i'd like the idea of my son having the ability to play in the inflatable pool - he can't swim and being in the big pool requires us (mom and dad) to hold him the whole time. he loves splashing and playing and can do so for an hour or more!!

can anyone help me out on this one?? :confused:

ok, i have a question for everyone....

i've read in several areas on cruise critic of parents bringing an inflatable pool, setting it up on the deck for their child to play in.

now, i've contacted our carnival pvp and asked her about this. i wanted to know how do we fill the pool, empty the pool, and what are the policies for this. she didn't know. so she emailed the ship (the triumph).

I have a guest that says that she read that she can bring a small inflatable pool for the deck.. is this true? If so, how can she fill the pool?

the ship emailed her back. reply:

Please be advised that above request cannot be accommodated.

so what the hay??? i am totally confused!!! so many posters have said they've taken pools with no issues at all.....

we are in the middle of potty training now and it won't really be an issue as to getting in the pools, but i'd like the idea of my son having the ability to play in the inflatable pool - he can't swim and being in the big pool requires us (mom and dad) to hold him the whole time. he loves splashing and playing and can do so for an hour or more!!

can anyone help me out on this one?? :confused:

Blowing up an inflatable pool on one of the decks will be in the way of other passengers....... there is really no private area you can do this on a public deck. However I have heard of people having a blow up pool on their balcony. Don't really know how they fill or empty it.

I just got back from a 7 day Carnival Cruise 3 days ago with our 10 month old. I took our inflatable pool that I bought at Walmart for 5 dollars. It was not very big and didn't take me long to blow up with my breath! I just carried it down to the pool and filled it with a bucket. I put it right in between our two lounge chairs, out of the way.

My thinking is... with a small child, you are probably not going to be at the pool at the busiest times because of sun exposure, so when you do go to the pool, most people are headed to do something else, so it is nice and quiet and you can't bother a lot of people. We also did not get off at one of the ports so we pretty much had the entire deck to ourselves.

No one at Carnival said anything to me about having the pool, and when we left on Sunday, I deflated it and threw it in the garbage.

Hope this helps.

Yes, email your Carnival PVP back for me and tell them that they should stop allowing babies with diapers in the pools. And you are just trying to do the most sanitary thing. I was on Triumph last year during this time and some of us made it a sport playing spot the diapered babies.

There is more than enough room on the decks. Here are some possible places for the pool.

032.jpg

083.jpg

To the right of this kiddie pool is a big open area and it is gated in...Sorry I didn't grab a picture of it. Notice the little boy in navy blue wearing a diaper. No one told him to leave. This was Triumph.

043.jpg

I bought the Munchkin inflatable duck for our cruise in August. I am wondering though if I should get something slightly bigger like the one in the picture. I got the duck because I was told it would fit in the bathtub but it doesn't give our DD much room to play.

I bought the Munchkin inflatable duck for our cruise in August. I am wondering though if I should get something slightly bigger like the one in the picture. I got the duck because I was told it would fit in the bathtub but it doesn't give our DD much room to play.

Do you have a bathtub?

You pay for the baby just like all the gripers pay. Bring small inflatable bathtub or pool and just get in a low traffic area or between deck chairs. Babies have the right to have fun too, its also their cruise. If people don't like being around childern they have an aduilts only area they can go to. At least your trying to follow the rules.

Simplealman

I agree. There is an adults only area for these types of passengers. I didn't think about doing this before but, now that I read some of these posts, I will consider it for my balcony and fill it with an ice bucket from the shower.

Does anyone know where I can get an inflatable one that is small enough to put inside the shower stall. My son hates anything that resembles a shower (feels he's going to drown if water so much as touches his face). It's not easy bathing my DD from the neck up. HA!

I agree. There is an adults only area for these types of passengers. I didn't think about doing this before but, now that I read some of these posts, I will consider it for my balcony and fill it with an ice bucket from the shower.

Does anyone know where I can get an inflatable one that is small enough to put inside the shower stall. My son hates anything that resembles a shower (feels he's going to drown if water so much as touches his face). It's not easy bathing my DD from the neck up. HA!

We are bringing the duck (buy from Target) because its more narrow and you can hang the head out if necessary. Also, bought at Walmart for about $6. one a little bit smaller than the one posted. It has about 3 different color tiers around it. I think the one posted is a little big for one child, or it would be for our baby that will be a week shy of her 11th month when we cruise in September.

Here is another ideal from saftey first. It can be used as a tub or pool. Many other stories carry it besides sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04911014000P

Here is another one-- Especially for baby brand-Babies Rus $12.99

We traveled with this alot- when we had shower only & instead of bringing bathseat for infant both before able to sit up & after- It's a tight fit now(twins are almost 3yrs)-- but they used it recently for an outside bathtub-

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417460

Archived